IO: I don't know what's going on in this video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

No spoken words

Blue Crack Supplier
Ok, so, I like this song. And. I can't say the video is bad, per se. I just, for the life of me, don't exactly know what the fuck is going on. Not that that's a bad thing. But still, it perplexes me.

There are a ton of 80's videos with weird imagery, with the inevitable flags flapping and a white horse running around.....but this video is not from the 80's.

I especially like how some dude playing bass with a violin bow, wearning no shirt pops up like 1:00 in. WTF?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=udQcrUY515A

Hmm, completely ignoring the lyrics, maybe the video is implying that the shirtless guy is a werewolf. The video tries to appear epic, and they keep showing the moon. They also keep showing water, which makes some sense, as the moon pulls the tide. And then they show the blonde dude running scared through the forest ('cause the werewolf is chasing him, duh.)

Or maybe it's just Draco Malfoy in ten years, having lost his mind after Voldemort's death, and just running around the Forbidden Forest being crazy :shrug:

I can't explain the video, but I can state with 100% confidence that the "Head Sway" @ 1:08-1:09 is one of the top 10 Cheesy Video moves of all time. It's still not as good as Don Johnson's cocaine fueled airpump seizure in Heartbreak, but it's young yet. Let's give it time, see if it doesn't grow.

read below for my favorite Bauhaus lyrics (Peter Murphy's band before this solo song)

(the) Indian's wanker (is) on his balls

Ahhh.... memories of my youth. :wistful sigh: The cheesy video is just part of it's appeal to me. :drool: :D When did that come out, anyway - '83, '84?

YouTube - Peter Murphy - Cuts you up - 1990 - [dir Beyhan Murphy-Baynes]

I heard this on the radio the other day. The original video link has been removed, so I have taken upon myself to post a current active link. Fuck you. Also, the headbob that was formerly at 1:08 is now at 1:09, but that in no way diminishes it's awesome power. In fact, that extra second of suspense is even more fucking gripping.

Back
Top Bottom