IO: I do not want to work...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissVelvetDress_75

Blue Crack Addict
basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized b
:crack:
I walked into my office yesterday and pile of paperwork greeted me. :scream:

I hate coming back to work so soon after vacation. I think I might return to normal next week.

I am sure I am annoying the shit out of people online with my IMs. I should disconnect everything and become a hermit for a few days.

I don't know where you were or for how long, but I was in Europe for 16 days earlier this month and returned to what is best described as a hellish maelstrom of paperwork and e-mails. It's the price you pay for a long trip, I know, but that did not make it easier.

/empathy

well what sucks is that I was not gone that long. I will be going on a longer vacation in October and I know when I come back it will suck worse than it does now.

Well, at this point, I'll just ask:

Where were you, and for how long?

I got home from my trip on a Monday night and was at work Tuesday. The transition was abrupt, but I was at least a little happy to be conversing in English for a whole day.

god, that reminds me of a job i used to have. i'd have at least 100 emails just from being off my usual two days. if i took time off, i'd spend at least half of my shift on my day back wading through emails to see if the work had been done or whatever. :crack:

delete.jpg

Oops!

I was in Ireland June 27-July 6, and am still "playing catch-up."

But thank God I have a job! I have to look at it as accruing more vacation time and more money so I can go again. :hyper:

Coming back to work from vacation totally sucks. :sigh: I was gone just for last week, and I had almost 200 emails in my inbox. And this is during summer, which is technically our slowest time of the year. :happy:

I'm taking some days off finally this month. I have to say I almost wish that the person who'll be covering for me won't actually do any of my work. Let's just say his workmanship isn't quality stuff. :yikes:

mind you this was and are my first vacation(s) in over 2 years.

Trevor, I understand, I left my work responsibilities with my backup and she is not trained well enough to do my job effectively or with any efficiency, so I should not be surprised that when I walked into her office to say good morning she greeted with me with a smile and a pile of papers to give back to me. :angry: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom