IO: Hipster Hitler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Sad Punk

Blue Crack Addict
PBR.jpg

Hipster Hitler

bwahaha i think it's hilarious! (please note though it takes a lot to offend me (as in i don't think i've ever been offended by a joke) so i'm not the best judge of what's in good or bad taste.)

this migraine medicine fucks with my brain, i don't even know what i'm saaying

yeah, i can't think of too much that actually offends me anymore. or anything, really. didn't think it was all that amusing, but i don't really get the hipster thing at all (for once i'm glad we've only got...well, i'll leave all my qualifiers and adjectives out of what we've got for people here, cos i'm sure that i'll just come off as offensive in the end...living here) outside of the death camp for cutie shirt. that almost got a chuckle.

For those genuinely offended by Hipster Hitler, I have a joke for you.

~

When does a pentagon have four sides?
When it intersects a plane.

Me and my warped sense of humor liked the Death Camp for Cutie t-shirt the best.

lol, Hipster Hitler, a genius idea. Hilarious.

I however do not find the New York Jets one funny. Clever, but not funny. Too soon. You know, when we're all dead in 70 years and our kids and our kids kids are laughing at it, fine. They didnt live that horror.

That being said, I'm all for freedom of speech minus hate. I'm not going to tell anyone to stop. People need to not be so sensitive. Sounds like my roomate with those offended by Hitler. He's Jewish by affiliation. He knows nothing of the Holocaust, he treats his religion like a sports team almost, and he's insistant upon getting a tattoo of a the star of David. Yet he gets all offended and put off by Hitler jokes such as "Der Untergang" subtitle videos even when those jokes have nothing to do with Jews or the Holocaust (if you haven't seen those, please, go to YouTube and watch them! They're hilarious!)

At the risk of sounding like a prude, the entire thread is in bad taste imo. And I think that was (if I'm not mistaken) the not-so-subtle point of the New York Jets cartoon. Sure, it's great and all to make cracks...until it hits a bit too close to home. Frankly, how does one separate jokes about "Hitler" from "Jews and the Holocaust"? It's not possible, period.

My vote is this thread is a candidate for the dustbin, it's probably only going to incite other questionable posts.

At the risk of sounding like a prude, the entire thread is in bad taste imo. And I think that was (if I'm not mistaken) the not-so-subtle point of the New York Jets cartoon. Sure, it's great and all to make cracks...until it hits a bit too close to home. Frankly, how does one separate jokes about "Hitler" from "Jews and the Holocaust"? It's not possible, period.

My vote is this thread is a candidate for the dustbin, it's probably only going to incite other questionable posts.

YouTube - Hitler gets banned from Xbox Live

That is how.

It's an age old cliche, particularly when it's related to the Jews, but laughter really is the best way to get through a shit time.

And that is why I'm not offended by anything in this thread.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom