io: Greatest name ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

keatontr

The Fly
0200906251451061350.jpg

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

'bin' is a Arabic patronymic construction which means 'son'. So the name is literally "Batman, son of Suparman" :lol:

Well, actually 'Suparman' is common name among the Javanese. It has got nothing to do with Superman.

Djadja Suparman
Rubiah Suparman - IMDb
Ade Suparman
Suparman Kusuma
Maman Suparman

But BATMAN ????:doh:

'bin' is a Arabic patronymic construction which means 'son'. So the name is literally "Batman, son of Suparman" :lol:

Well, actually 'Suparman' is common name among the Javanese. It has got nothing to do with Superman.

Djadja Suparman
Rubiah Suparman - IMDb
Ade Suparman
Suparman Kusuma
Maman Suparman

But BATMAN ????:doh:

if it's common, someone out there in teh internetz probably thought photoshop made things funny :shrug:

After I saw this a few years ago on a Asian news site, I looked for him all over the web. From whatever i could find i was pretty sure that he was Real.

The I-card no. was present in those initial scans and many sites claimed that they have verified it.
I remember an Interview of a Singaporean official who knew this guy. He said the name "Batman" came from "Batman Kasarung" an Indonesian rap song.
Moreover the name has been perfectly transliterated into Arabic(Jawi script) and not a lot of internetz guys can do that.

Many bloggers claimed that they were childhood friends with him. But no one has any clue about his current whereabouts.

Any idea about his possible alter-egos ??:hmm:

Moreover the name has been perfectly transliterated into Arabic(Jawi script) and not a lot of internetz guys can do that.

Actually the vowels in Jawi are a bit different in 'Batman'. They are shorter. So it's more like 'Butt-mahn' or 'Baht-mahn', which sounds pretty much Javanese.

You will find many people claiming that it's actually BAIMAN and the 'T' is photo-shopped. I'll have to agree that it's the most conceivable explanation for many, since it's quite easy to do it on both the scripts. You just need to remove the tho two dots below ya n put put them on top which will make it ta(second character from the right in the Jawi script)

But the problem is that BAIMAN is not a name. Even less likely than BATMAN. I have heard of an Aussie sprinter named Daniel Batman

Anyways my point is that BAHT-MAHN BIN SUPARMAN is a POSSIBLE NAME !!!! I

Back
Top Bottom