IO: First snowfall of the year!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
elevated_u2_fan said:

I looked at that too quickly and I was about to ask how not having sex affects your driving skills :lol:

:lol:

:reject: Glad I was not the only one reading that...

:wink:

It never fails to amuse me how always the people without snow want it(badly) and the people who got snow are sick of it :giggle:

Galeongirl said:

It never fails to amuse me how always the people without snow want it(badly) and the people who got snow are sick of it :giggle:

It's true.

But I'm not sick of it...yet. :cute:

unico said:
it snowed here yesterday. the whole "virginians can't drive" is not a myth, lemme tell ya. despite the roads being cleared, my university was still delayed so i got to go in to work an hour late. i think the delay was more due to incompetent drivers than the snow itself.

At least you guys didn't call in the military for help!

Boom-tish!! :wink:

p.s. ask Elfa what I'm talking about.

A couple of years ago Toronto got hit with a blizzard - easily over a foot or maybe 2 in one night. They had to call in the army to help clean up the streets - something THE REST OF THE DAMN COUNTRY doesn't let us live down :madspit:

Last edited:
How I miss good ole Mel. Always good for a laugh or three. Remember his Africa comment? :lol:

Army won't be needed to battle Toronto snow

Last Updated: Friday, November 10, 2000 | 11:48 PM ET

CBC News

Toronto won't need to call in the military for help with this year's snow because the city now has its own army of snowblowers, says Mayor Mel Lastman.
"This year we have our own army," Lastman said.

"We won't be caught with our pants down."

Lastman, who was criticized for calling in the army during last January's record snowfall, sported an army helmet and dubbed himself "commander-in-chief of snow" when he met the media Monday.

He unveiled a fleet of 10 new snow blowers. The city's snow melters, which broke down during last winter's storm, have also been rebuilt.

Toronto was virtually shut down for several days last January when it was hit by several major snowstorms within two weeks.

Some 118 centimetres of the white stuff fell, which almost equals an entire year's typical snowfall.

Galeongirl said:

:shifty: so you're not sick of it yet LM :flirt: how about some playing in the snow then?

:( The rain washed it all away, but when the next snowfall comes around, you know my name, look up the number. :sexywink:

:sad: all gone???

:angry: too late, dammit!

:flirt: well there's always next time eh?

and ILE :yikes: isn't that a bit cruel? to put snow in his package??? sounds cold and painful to me!

Galeongirl said:

and ILE :yikes: isn't that a bit cruel? to put snow in his package??? sounds cold and painful to me!

By the way, WithOrWithoutE is a she :shifty:

Nope, it's not cruel, she'll love it :drool:

I live in the desert where anything but heat is rare. But last night we had a HAIL storm. We did have snow last year.
2103714738_43c3365187.jpg

It's not just the snow, but the fact that it's FRIGID cold here... today, the HIGH was -12F, and right now the temp is -19F... tomorrow it's going to be -21F.

:happy:

Back
Top Bottom