IO: Fat Tony

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I watched Bart the Lover in her honor. Great episode, great character. Marcia Wallace will be missed.

It's time to end the show. Really.

Here's a question - do the new episodes destroy or harm the show's legacy? I honestly have to say no, because I don't watch them. I only ever catch repeats of old ones.

They don't for me, if anything, they make me appreciate the older episodes even more than I did. To maintain such a streak of cracking episode after cracking episode for several seasons is pretty fantastic.

The voice of Ms Krabappel has died.

:sad:

Totally missed this with the passing of Lou Reed. Very sad.

AV Club obit

Also

In recent seasons, she had finally settled her love life by marrying Ned Flanders, helping coax the man Homer Simpson once referred to as "Churchie LaFemme" into a more modern, open-minded way of thinking.

The hell? Glad I stopped watching a decade ago.

"Mr. Krabappel chased something small & furry down a hole."

Kinda of shocked they got away with that on network TV.

The hell? Glad I stopped watching a decade ago.

Yeah this was news to me as well.

Posted these in the superthread but I'll put 'em here too

BXkB5PZCUAA30gb.jpg:large

XtdxUk8.png

Really one hell of a character. Her struggle for love was very human, and all the hilarious sarcasm aside she had a warm heart too.

I'm obviously late and all but I'm still upset about Marcia Wallace's death. She seemed like a top lass and Krabappel was a consistently great character.

I mentioned something about it to someone I knew a couple of days ago, a huge Simpsons fan (and Krabappel is one of her favourite characters) and... she didn't know. I had to break the news to her. I felt like Death itself.

Definitely some classic episodes around Edna. Bart the Lover and Grade School Confidential are among the all-time greats.

"Teacher and principal were in the closet together and there were as many hands as Vishnu and they were all very busy"

I've had the PTA Disbands playing on loop inside my head for the past week, myself.

Well, we'll show him, especially for that purple monkey dishwasher remark!

I've just gotten back from a Model UN conference, where our team won something akin to the First Annual Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence.

Now, boys, the network has a problem with some of your lyrics. Do you mind changing them for the show?

Forget you, clown.

Yeah, our lyrics are like our children, man. No way.

Well, okay, but here where it says, "What I got you gotta get and put it in ya," how about just, "What I'd like is I'd like to hug and kiss ya."

Wow. That's much better.

Everyone can enjoy that.

Captain's Log, Stardate 6051: Had trouble sleeping last night, my hiatal hernia is acting up.
The ship is drafty and damp. I complain, but nobody listens...

STAR TREK XII: SO VERY TIRED

Captain, Klingons off the starboard bow.

AGAIN with the Klingons...

Kent Brockman here for a follow-up with Springfield's favorite hard-luck family, the Simpsons. Folks, any words for the Christmas thief if he's watching?

Eh, yes… Kent. Uh, hello… jerk. We may never find you, and we should probably all stop looking, but one thing's for sure… you do exist.

Strong words...strong, bewildering words.

Oh, we have lots of names for these people. Bums, deadbeats, losers, scums of the earth...we'd like to sweep these people into the gutter, or if already in the gutter, to some other out-of-the-way place. Oh we have our reasons. They're depressing, their ragged clothes, they're crazy, they smell bad. So every year on one conscience salving day, we toss these people a bone. A turkey bone.

Back
Top Bottom