IO: Bart Simpson

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Dance for ya...but ya wouldn't even see it! Oh, alright, I'm a dancing..."

And coolian, I would agree that Hutz is the stronger character, but Gil was around concurrently with Hutz ("Realty Bites" is one such episode). They are very different characters, in my mind at least. Gil is a one-note character, whereas Hutz has many dimensions.

crazy-cat-lady.jpg

did the term "crazy cat lady" originate from The Simpsons? or was that already a thing? i'm too young to know.

the channel that shows The Simpsons over here is refusing to show episodes that relate heavily to the nuclear power plant, like the one where Homer gets really fat so he can work from home. fair enough to not show them in Japan, but christ surely you can play them here?

also, ENOUGH OF GEORGE FUCKING NEGUS! PUT THE SIMPSONS BACK ON AT 6!

What do people think of A Star is Burns? I was reading up on it for whatever reason, and it appears some critics didn't like it (because of a crossover with The Critic, Jay Sherman's show. I didn't know that even existed, and now that I do, I don't care).

I think it's one of the funniest episodes of the show, period.

"Barney's film had heart, but football in the groin had a football in the groin"

One of the better episodes I think

Yeah, I was reading about it the other day too. It's pretty derided by a lot of people, not least of all Matt Groening, who outwardly dissed it at the time and refused to commentate on it for the DVD. Which doesn't sound like much until you realise it was the first episode he didn't commentate on at all.

I personally think it's great, and Sherman can still stand alone as a Simpsons character without any Critic context, as Cobbler just attested.

Yeah, Groening was not pleased about the cross-over. But Barney and Moleman have fabulous turns in that episode, and the whole thing is really well-executed in a comedic sense, even if Homer's dilemma with the films is indicative of his receding complexity.

"Were you all saying 'Boo' or 'Boo-urns'?"

[A chorus of boos proceeds]

"I was saying Boo-urns."

Priceless.

And don't Marge and Homer have one of those "aww" moments at the end? Like that episode where Marge comes to Homer's work and he picks her up and walks out to everyone cheering?

Well Mr. Burns had done it
The power plant had won it
With Roger Clemmons, Clucking all the while
Mike Scioscia's tragic illness made us smile
With Wade Boggs lay unconscious on the bar-room tile

We're talking softball
From Maine to San Diego
We're talking softball
Mattingly and Canseco
Ken Griffey's grotesquely swollen jaw
Steve Sax and his run-in with the law
We're talking Homer, Ozzie and the Straw

We're talking softball
From Maine to San Diego
We're talking softball
Mattingly and Canseco
Ken Griffey's grotesquely swollen jaw
Steve Sax and his run-in with the law
We're talking Homer, Ozzie and the Straw

I almost became a Dodgers fan once Mattingly took over as their manager, just so I could make fun of his "sideburns." He wouldn't be manager forever though, so I figured it was a douchey idea and dropped it.

Some days, we don't let the line move at all. We call those "weekdays."

Bart on the Road, what a classic.

I don't think that I would go back to the Grammar Rodeo next year. It's become too commercial - they've forgotten that it's supposed to be about the grammar.

Also, in honor of the Prince love-in going on in B&C, here's a classic Milhouse line from Lemon of Troy:

So this is what it feels like...when doves cry!

M is for "Moe," the owner of Moe's /

O is for the "O" in the middle of "Moe's" /

E is for "acceptance," the feeling I got whenever I was at Moe's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom