IO -40's are the new 30's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedRocksU2

Blue Crack Addict
KMA if you think this is not true.

"It is no longer a taboo for people in their 40s to behave and dress as if they were in their 30s. In fact, men who do so are now known as metrosexuals and women are called ballerinas (though this term is yet to assume the level of penetration of metrosexuals)
Hotels, nightclubs, spas, etc. are increasingly serving to people in their 40s. These are generally financially well-off folks with discerning tastes. Surprisingly enough, many of them area actually single, and thus, ready for finding more stable romance.
Medical professionals offering an array of products for enhancement of body parts or elimination of fat/cellulite or lasic surgery for vision correction or Botox treatment for improvement in facial expression.
So what does it all mean for you?

Well, feel young. Simply because you are now in your 40s does not mean that you can not go dancing to night clubs or wear trendy clothes or put good makeup. But this trend can be double-edged sword. If you are in your 40s and you behave and dress like the men and women in their 40s just a few years ago, it is very likely that you will be perceived as being much older and out of touch with the latest trends. So make sure that you take proper care of your skin, stay fit and eat right, preferably a low-carb diet.

The other more important thing is the change in attitude, which can make all the difference. You not only have to look young, you have to feel that way in your heart. And if someone tries to make fun of you, just ignore them - they are a long way from being a metrosexual or a ballerina. Enjoy your new-found youth!"

lol
:reject:

"40's are the new 30's"

that's what people in their 40s say

-dan

:tsk: Old people are always trying to pretend to be young again. Go live your age oldies, go get your walker and your dog and get out of our clubs!:fist:

:wink: It was a figure of speech, I don't do clubs. I'm way too unhip for that. And usually only 16 year olds go there, so it's not my thing.

I'm only 21 and I don't even go to clubs...Totally not my style to spend a night in a club with slimey guys and slutty drunk girls everywhere..Would rather have a few drinks with friends at a pub:D

Since I'm quickly approaching 40 (just two years from this past March), I guess I should embrace the idea that "40's are the new 30's" - but it just seems kind of silly. I mean, what's wrong with being in your 40's? I think I can honestly say I've enjoyed the last 8-10 years infinately more than any other time in my life. Don't get me wrong, I had a great childhood & other than a few issues here & there, my entire life has been pretty easy. But I've felt more put together, more aware of who I am & most importantly, more comfortable with who I am since I hit my 30's - I anticipate that will continue to grow in the coming 10-15 years.

Within reason, I don't think it's a good idea for people to box themselves in to the ideals of what a 20-yr-old or a 30-yr-old or a 40-yr-old is supposed to act like & not allow themselves certain experiences. There's a difference between being mature, having a zest for life and being immature, refusing to grow up. :yes:

On a side note, this thread did just bring a sobering thought to me: When my mother was the age that I am now (38).... I was an 18-yr-old, graduating high school! :ohmy: Holy crap - my parents had managed to pay their house off by the time they were my age. Maybe I don't have my shit together after all! :ohmy: :giggle:

Since I'm quickly approaching 40 (just two years from this past March), I guess I should embrace the idea that "40's are the new 30's" - but it just seems kind of silly. I mean, what's wrong with being in your 40's? I think I can honestly say I've enjoyed the last 8-10 years infinately more than any other time in my life. Don't get me wrong, I had a great childhood & other than a few issues here & there, my entire life has been pretty easy. But I've felt more put together, more aware of who I am & most importantly, more comfortable with who I am since I hit my 30's - I anticipate that will continue to grow in the coming 10-15 years.

Within reason, I don't think it's a good idea for people to box themselves in to the ideals of what a 20-yr-old or a 30-yr-old or a 40-yr-old is supposed to act like & not allow themselves certain experiences. There's a difference between being mature, having a zest for life and being immature, refusing to grow up. :yes:

On a side note, this thread did just bring a sobering thought to me: When my mother was the age that I am now (38).... I was an 18-yr-old, graduating high school! :ohmy: Holy crap - my parents had managed to pay their house off by the time they were my age. Maybe I don't have my shit together after all! :ohmy: :giggle:
Holy crap, your mother had you young. When my mother was the age I am now (uh forty something...) I was only just born. She did put things off... :wink:

Otherwise I agree with your post :up:

I know.....I have one now. :doh:

I have 2 and they are both female :crack:

On topic of this thread..I will be 40 in Sept. and I can honestly say I feel better overall now than I did 10 years ago. Not sure what to attribute it to, but I don't feel the need to please people the way I used to. I guess I'm more selfish, which..given my nature to run around and be everyone's bitch..that's a good thing.

It's easier to balance things now..time with family, me time, working out, cooking, etc. And I'm less of a perfectionist so the shit that doesn't get done doesn't freak me out anymore.

You just got to find the right sort of clubs...... :yes:

Not in Holland! You have to watch out that you're not looking in the direction of some guy, because his bleached blond girlfriend with waaay too much make up, fake nails and slutty clothes will come up to you and ask you what you are looking at! Can you imagine what happens when you honestly reply you were looking for the toilet?

:hi5: Pubgirls are the new Clubgirls!

Absolutely!!:applaud: Especially when a band is playing or when they have an open mic night. :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom