HOW ON EARTH CAN SOMEONE LOOSE WEIGHT(around 3-4 kilos) IN ONE WEEK????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My sister is 14 and weighs more than I, 22, do (and I'm 64kgs).

So don't worry.

I have no advice on how to lose weight. I had surgery two years ago and couldn't eat proper foods for a month and I didn't lose a gram. Great metabolism.

Snack on fruit and nuts instead of packaged stuff. Stay away from fast food and soft drinks. Keep your inactivity to a max 23 and a half hours a day.

I can't say I'm great at keeping up with these things, but they work when I do.

I'm a little alarmed by you being only 13 and feeling that you "need" to lose 3-4 kilos in one week.

Be kinder to yourself and your still-growing body. :)

Yeah, a 13 year old should never go on a diet. Unless, of course, you are heavily overweight. But you say you're 50 kilos. Unless you're like, 1.2m tall that shouldn't be heavy.

I'm a little alarmed by you being only 13 and feeling that you "need" to lose 3-4 kilos in one week.

Be kinder to yourself and your still-growing body. :)

I second this.

Is there a reason why you feel the need to lose weight so quickly?

Thank you all for your advice!!!:hug:I think that I should loose weight because I don't feel so good with myself.My cousin and I are in the same age,but she is much taller than me and she looks like a model.Plus I am the onliest girl in my class that is 50 pounds.My height is 1.5m,I do not eat lots of sweet stuf and I swim every day at the see.I move a lot,but nothing seems to work.My sister is 3,5 years older than me,but she is extremely thin and tall.She sometimes laugh at me and it doesn't feel good.:sad:Every time I go on a diet,I end up eating nothing in an intire day,but I don't say anything to my parents.I just think that it would be nice if I lost some pounds!And also I want to loose weight that quickly because my school begins in one week and I don't want the others to laugh at me,especialy one classmate of mine who is by the way very,very,very anoying!!!!(he always calls me zombie).Well,goodnight everyone.I have to go to bed early tonight.I have to wake up at 5:30 in the morning tomorow.Sweet dreams and thanks again for the advice!!!!!(By the way,I just saw"From The Sky Down"and it was great!!!!!!!!)

Don't worry about it so much that you get an eating disorder. It concerns me that you said you go an entire day without eating and your parents don't know about it. If other kids are bullying you, then their behavior is wrong and it doesn't mean there's something wrong with you. When I was your age, I worried a lot about what other people thought and it just made me miserable. Just be confident about yourself; other people will notice your uniqueness and independence and will respect you for it.

:hug: Philisedge

There is so much more to you than your body. If kids at school are making fun of you, to hell with them! If they can't see your worth, then they are not worth your time or thoughts. You might have a lovely personality, are a good friend, are smart and/or have a great sense of humor. Relish in those qualities and the right people will notice and like you for you. And they wouldn't care if you are not thin because you brighten their day :)

Good morning from Greece everyone:wave:!!! Thank you all so much for your kind words.:hug:Maybe you're right!Maybe I shouldn't listen to what the others say about me!My family and my real friends tell me that I should be more confident and not say bad things for myself(thing that I always do because I think it's true.For example I always say to myself that I'm an idiot and that I never do things corectly).Anyway,if my classmates don't respect me for what I am,then that's their problem!Maybe it might be a litlebit hard to be more confident because I am shy:reject:,but I think I am going to make it!!!Thank you all again for your beautiful words and your advice!!!:hug:

You are better than what your detractors say about you. Always. Don't believe what they say, they know nothing and are only trying to make themselves feel better by belittling others - you're better than them! Sometimes it can be hard to be more confident when you're shy - but most people are, in some ways, shy. Some people are more introverted, others not. It is nothing to be ashamed of. Be proud of who you are and what you are. :)

I may also add that my cousin, who is a similar age to you, was long worried about her appearance and weight. And suddenly, just recently - boom, puberty. She's taller and thinner than me now. This is not to imply that she's any better now than she was before - she's still the same great person - but to say that you are currently in a stage of growth, your body is changing all the time. You're beautiful no matter what. Good luck!

Echoing what the rest says, it's really not the model look you should be aiming for. Everyone is different, and honestly, most supermodels live a very unhealthy life.

For a teenager you are definitely not heavily overweight or anything, so don't even be thinking of diets now! If people insult you, either tell them off, or if you don't dare to do that ignore it. They're just trying to make you feel insecure, usually the bullies are the ones insecure about themselves.

Please don't go another day not eating, that's just really not good for you. It's better to eat little things on a day, to keep your digestion running. If you want to eat more healthy, that's a great thing. Just eat lots of vegetables and protein(meat, dairy), less carbohydrates and sugar. But don't overdo it, okay? You're still very young, so your body needs enough energy to grow.

Thank you for your advice Galeongirl:hug:!I don't aim to gain a models' body,that's for sure.I want to start eating better just like you said and I promise to myself that I will take care of my body without overdoing it,starting by now:hyper:!!!Thank you all again for your advice!!!I really apreciete it:hug:!!!

Back
Top Bottom