Do you ever look back at all the years of this site…

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can I get a recap of fake edge?

But also you’re clearly missing “Is Bono Okay?”

Also not in the same spirit here but I do love your early thoughts on Rudy Giuliani.

oh my god how did i forget "is bono okay?"

re: Rudy - some of us grow as we get older, some of us go in the opposite direction.

fake edge... a user started posting here just prior to bomb by the user name dalkey beach - which is just outside dublin and where bono and edge live. user seemed to have some fairly insider type info. a few days after they appeared there as a big ole announcement here that Dalkey Beach was actually the real and actual The Edge.

Fairly certain The Edge got into a fight with a user... perhaps Jick... and some skepticism started to appear not just here but in other U2 fan sites. Eventually it was revealed that it was all an elaborate prank played by some teenage girl.

has always been mysterious because Fake Edge made some proclamations that became true that wasn't public knowledge - including the first mention of the U2 By U2 book, complete with description of the cover. but the former powers that be insist that it was all a rouse and any "insider knowledge" was just a very good guess.

think that about covers it.

this is the user profile of dalkey beach / fake edge

https://www.u2interference.com/forums/members/db+u2-29497.html

and then this was when they became "official"

https://www.u2interference.com/forums/members/the+edge-12649.html

again - elvis/joel completely denies that the person has anything to do with the edge or U2 and that it was all a scam. and some of the only times he's ever come back to post again on this site that he created is to again deny that the person was edge or related to U2.

still, some weird things remain. such as...

--this person mentioned U2 By U2 in 2004. The book wasn't published until 2006.
--they had some fairly accurate descriptions of a few of the songs that at that point had yet to be released. they also had the chain of full metal jacket -> native son -> vertigo - which wasn't really a thing people knew yet (but was something that could have been guessed)
--they had the month the tour was going to start pegged (but the wrong location)
--posted a threat about the edge having more vocal moments and mentioned miracle drug - this was before anyone had heard miracle drug.

the person also posted a potential setlist that included demos and the songs they morphed into - which is a rather large strike against the person actually being associated with anyone and rather, as elvis insists, just a really good guesser with way too much time on her hands.

Last edited:
The EI setlist “parties” for the US shows among the saddest moments…

How about when Headache said that Stand Up Comedy (spoilered because it's a bit graphic)
made his dick hard
?

That was a pretty great moment.

pics or it didn't happen

man-having-accident-falling-from-e-scooter-on-street-WW4CBN.jpg

Back
Top Bottom