Zootopia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alisaura

Blue Crack Supplier
Okay... this is weird. i just went through a 2 or 3 hour long bout of insanity (the dark, nasty type)... it's mostly gone now but I put Zooropa on during and this came out... apologies to Bono in advance, please don't sue me for plagiarism (unless you wanna settle out of court!!)...

Zootopia

Where your soul screams
to an unfamiliar song
Where your flaming car
plunges into the abyss
Where you tear your hair
and sob and cry to a song you never felt before
Where you bare your bleeding heart to the world
but you're still alone
Where you are your own contradiction
Where you know how everyone feels but you
Where you know you shouldn't
but you do it all the same
Where there's no compass, no map
no reasons, no going back
Where immitation is art
Where you are both more and less yourself
than anywhere else
Where uncertainty is the only light
Where emotions have colours
Feelings a voice
Where if you listen you feel
Where if you feel it, you fall
Where nothing's as simple as you think
Where dreaming is real
and everyone can see
Where you're far away
but so close
Where you can taste and touch
and feel so much you go numb
Where the siren song means the doors are closing
Zootopia - Where it's not always nice
It's not ever real
It's only what you see and feel.

(If you want the whole sordid gruesome tale, I made a post I shouldn't have in the General breif Comments part 2 thread)

[This message has been edited by Alisaura (edited 09-27-2000).]

Ali,

that's f***ing brilliant, what a perfect montage of the emotions Zooropa conjures up, I still don't know how people can't "get" this album -- obviously one of U2's finest artistic moments, but as Bono said during the Grammy's when U2 won the award for Best Alternative Album, "we're just gonna have to keep fuckin' up the mainstream"

I hope this is helping you work thru your emotions, I know I had a extended "blue" period last evening and said some pretty heavy shit . . . oh well, I don't care, it's hard to get control of our emotions for some of us, especially if we can't get them out, it helps for me, writing poems and hangin' out on the U2 Feedback, and if I couldn't be myself I would stop coming around . . .

----
you're a precious stone
you're out on your own
you know everyone in the world
but you feel alone

Why didnt I see this?
Yeah Ali, that is a great piece of writing you've got going on there.
Very powerful.
I must admit Ive written a few u2 inspired poems before, actually one is inspired by ZOoropa itself.
They dont call me zooropamanda for nuthin'.

Its not very good so Im not going to write it here but I did the whole line coupled phrasing thing like that song.
I drown in that song....

you know, Ive found that a lot of people are critical of the net and find it 'strange' or whatever. But Ive been writing in this way for the last year and a bit. Elsewhere of course.
It has helped me so much. I truly have grown as a person because of what Ive been able to get down.
Whether people respond to you or not, its a further step than just writing it in a journal because deep down you know there is atleast one person out there reading it and the cliche is true.
It helps to talk about it.

I've met some of the coolest people on the net, that I would never have had any chance of doing otherwise.
I haven't physically met any of them as of yet, but I plan on it and I really feel as though with some of them, Ive made life long friends.
its a new age, my friends......

Thanks, Wanderer & ZooManda...
It did help. A lot. This whole place helped, and I didn't really see until now that half of what I wrote up there could just as easily apply to the forum, or the net in general...
In another way, this place started it too...
smile.gif

I know how you feel Zooropamanda... I've met a couple of net people and it's very strange, mostly cos I behave so differently here than I do IRL. So which is the real me? *shrug*

Thanks to you both again... for everything.

Back
Top Bottom