Why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ava Adore

The Fly
This isn't a poem, this isn't even prose. This is just me wondering why? Why is it that no matter how many times you have had your heart broken it hurts just the same. Why is it that we don't learn from past hurts, so that future hurts just don't hurt? Why can't we be that tough?

Maybe too much information for this board to digest, but I need to talk, and talk I will. I fell in love. It was amazing. It blew me away, it happened so fast and swept me off my feet. I even started to believe that this was it, the one. Me, who was never, ever destined to be married had finally found that special person to make that dream come true. Thing is, I don't care about marriage, I just want to find love. Someone to grow old with and to never be alone again, but I am alone and it hurts. I still love him and that hurts more. We will always be friends and he will always be so special to me. We were just born on opposite ends of the planet.

I don't know why I am telling you all this but whatever, we have all had our hearts broken. Why pretend it not to be true? I do believe everything in life happens for its own reason, but what is the reason in this? So that I can never trust again? Never believe again? Never love again? I am not sure I can. Help me to see that it is possible.

Hearts gone astray
Keeping up when they go
I went away
Just when you needed me so
You won't regret
I'll come back begging you
Don't you forget
Welcome love we once knew
Yeah

Open up your eyes
Then you'll realize
Here I said was my
Everlasting love

Need you by my side
Come and be my pride
You'll never be denied
Everlasting love

From the very start
Open up your heart
Feel the love you've got
Everlasting love

This love will last forever

Hearts gone astray
Keeping up when they go
I went away
Just when you needed me so
You won't regret
I'll come back begging you
Don't you forget
Welcome love we once knew
Yeah...

When love's river flows
No one really knows
'Til someone's there to show the
Way to lasting love

Like the sun it shines
Endlessly it shines
You always will be mine
Eternal love

Whatever love went wrong
Ours would still be strong
We'd have our own
Everlasting love

Open up your eyes
Then you'll realize
Here I said was my
Everlasting love

Need you by my side
Come and be my pride
Never be denied
Everlasting love

From the very start
Open up your heart
Feel the love you've got

Everlasting love

I just might the most pathetic person you all will ever cross paths with.

------------------
...to the mystery of all that you should ever leave behind, in time.

Originally posted by Ava Adore:
I do believe everything in life happens for its own reason
I don't think that is true

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Take it easy my dear...**hugs**

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Originally posted by Salome:
I don't think that is true

Why do you say that Salome? Indulge me.
wink.gif

Sorry for the post guys, I was feeling pretty lame last night. Not that things are all that much better today, I guess I am just starting to see the reality and virtual impossibleness ( <-- word?) of the situation.
We've all been here before, so I guess in a way I thought it would help to see that, and it has, thx.

------------------

you know I feel so much the way you do, for entirely different reasons, but everything you said sounds so much like something I'd post right now.

I don't know why. I wish I did. Maybe there is no why, but sorry Salome, i tend to disagree with you..
i don't really believe in fate, but there is something that can be take from everything, therefore giving everything reason. not that that makes any sense

I don't know. I'm thinking of you.

------------------
In the night of death, hope sees a star and listening love can hear the rustle of a wing.
~Robert Ingersoll

Originally posted by Ava Adore:

Why do you say that Salome? Indulge me.
wink.gif
Originally posted by BabyGrace:
Maybe there is no why, but sorry Salome, i tend to disagree with you..
i don't really believe in fate, but there is something that can be take from everything, therefore giving everything reason.
I agree BabyG, a lesson can be learned from everything
from both good and bad things happening in your life
but I really don't think everything is supposed to be a lesson, some things just happen and if you want to see them as a lesson you can but you don't have to
some things just happen and even when you think you've learned a lesson because of it, the same thing might happen again next week/month/year/decade

things have happened in my life that have made little sense to me at all
I guess all those experiences have changed me
some changed me for the better, some a bit worse and some haven't changed me at all

I don't know whether I'm agreeing with you and just saying it differently or that we slightly disagree anymore
smile.gif

I do now my life became more enjoyable when I chose to pick the lessons I wanted to learn myself

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

[This message has been edited by Salome (edited 12-30-2001).]

Originally posted by Salome:
some things just happen and even when you think you've learned a lesson because of it, the same thing might happen again next week/month/year/decade
[/B]

but you may have learned how to deal with it a bit better. life can't be avoided but it can be dealt with

but I think we're agreeing anyway
smile.gif

------------------
In the night of death, hope sees a star and listening love can hear the rustle of a wing.
~Robert Ingersoll

Interesting idea Salome. I kind of like the idea of not always having to learn from any given situation, but I think, we always do, whether consciously or not. I dunno. Life would surely be easier if we could just walk away, or easily move on from hurt and heartache. It would make acceptance so much easier.

------------------

Very deep and straight to the point, congratulations. It takes not only guts to write something this lovely, but talent, creativity and definately feeling.

I've definitely been in this boat before.

Love and relationships lie on a very finely balanced line. Too willing to give your heart away and you get used and trampled on, too reluctant to do so and you never get anywhere. Finding that point of equilibrium is a lifelong search for most. It definitely seems to be for me.

Sometimes it seems that time is a big enemy of love. Absence can either make the heart grow fonder or make the mind wander and the heart forget. I'm not entirely convinced of the "meant to be" thing, but sometimes it's the only thing to draw comfort from.

Life is odd (or cruel - or both). Things can go so amazingly well that you're grinning from ear to ear 24/7, and then you can see things slip away before your eyes. Sometimes without warning, but often times with warnings that stubborn hearts don't want to pay attention to.

And I don't know why a man
Searches for himself in his lover's eyes
No I don't know why a man
Sees the truth but needs the lies

Ugh.

It's late. I'm tired and sick, but too stubborn to go to bed. And I'm thinking too much and letting stupid little paranoid thoughts take too much hold. Take this with a grain of salt.

As for your original question, well, if we toughen our hearts to not hurt as much, then with each successive person we lose more and more of our heart - of our passion and willingness to expose ourselves to danger for the sake of the possibility of something great. Love requires the willingness to put ourselves out there, naked - so to speak, for the possibility of something wonderful. If it falls, then yes, we do get hurt. But if we harden ourselves to not get hurt, then we're becoming less open to love - less willing to love, perhaps.

Hopeless romantics of the world, unite!
wink.gif

Someone please put me out of my misery. I thought with each day it was supposed to get better.

------------------

Would it help if I told you that there is no The One, only The One whom you choose to share your life with? Future men whom you meet may not measure up to this guy you met recently (actually, I am positive that they won't measure up), but it's up to you whether you want to stay and hope for an equal passion or look to other men without comparing. Because it'd be a shame if you compared other men to this special guy. Hope things are looking up now.

foray

Back
Top Bottom