Visiting Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JonathanShaw

Babyface
How strange, unwelcome, or just odd would it be if I were to hang out in front of Bono's house in the hopes he comes out for a minute? I don't hold any illusions that he actually will (I've heard the housekeeper has told folks he's not home), but I've always wanted to meet him AND visit Ireland, so both goals at once!

How crazy am I?

holy shit don't do that. waiting around outside people's houses for them to come out is stalker behaviour.

you're far more likely to meet the police than you are to meet bono.

this is a terrible idea. forget about it.

Last edited:
holy shit don't do that. waiting around outside people's houses is stalker behaviour.

you're far more likely to meet the dublin police than you are to meet bono.

LOL! You're absolutely right. I read about fans doing that in the past, but I suppose now-days, that is no longer allowed. I will have to find an event that he might be at, but I would welcome any further thoughts.

I almost got a chance to meet someone knows Bono. When I went to my first concert, Clemson 1997, I had a chess set for Bono. I was supposed to had it to a man named Wasserman (I think) and he would take care of it. But he never showed up, so a random person with badges said they would take care of it.

The other time was when the Heart suffered a snafu. It closed while Nely Furtada was still on stage, and if you had not gotten a second wrist band, you couldn't get back in. We had maybe 50 people in the heart. It was like a VIP section.

holy shit don't do that. waiting around outside people's houses for them to come out is stalker behaviour.

you're far more likely to meet the police than you are to meet bono.

I’m not sure what you mean, TripAdvisor lists visiting Bono’s home uninvited as a top 10 attraction in Ireland.

Kidding. I second Dave.

I want to see where this thread goes because it's been slow around here, but I also don't want to encourage this and be partially to blame if things go sideways.

I want to see where this thread goes because it's been slow around here, but I also don't want to encourage this and be partially to blame if things go sideways.

HA! Noo don't say that. There's only a few people in the world I've ever truly wanted to meet. I deeply admire them all, although Adam is clearly the coolest member. I wonder if he uses his COVID beard to dress up as Santa.

I mean, going to someone's home is border line criminal behavior. Plus, I imagine he has a gate or something and you can't just wait outside.
Waiting for him at a public event or before/after a show is one thing, intruding on his private life is just plain wrong.

I did a little bit of the Deadhead thing for the Elevation tour (having, for the first time in my life, a decent amount of spending money) and flew from my Milwaukee home to the gigs in Florida and Arizona. At the Phoenix show I chanced to walk around the venue in the afternoon to catch the vibe, and happened to see a crowd gathered by the stage door. I decided to stand around and see what all the fuss was about, and Bono was brought out some minutes later. He shook hands with everyone--as I've recounted the story numerous times, it seemed like a very limp, half-hearted guitar player's handshake (at least with me). SIDE NOTE: Now I'm realizing that I was kind of douche-y at 28...like I expected Bono to give me a Wisconsin guyyy handshake and eat cheese curds with me or something. I was big, but not big on interpersonal skills at that age :crack: I guess I would be pretty thrilled with any Bono handshake these days.

Last edited:
Also, doesn't he go out for a pint or six of Guinness on the regular when at home in Dublin? That's the impression I got from social media, at least before COVID. I would just ask around with the locals. I mean, even if he doesn't show, you're not going to have a "Bad" time. :lol:

When I visit Dublin I go out to Kiliney to visit the beach with my Son and we walk up Kiliney Hill to take in the views etc getting up there requires passing Bono's house he came out in the back of a car once and another time I saw Ali up the hill we smiled and walked on. Never have I seen fans waiting outside the gates its best to catch them after/before a gig at the venue when they are working I would think.

Back
Top Bottom