U2 Dream I had the other night :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheEdge25

Refugee
So, in my dream, U2 had announced that they would be making a surprise appearance in a very small venue (it was about the size of the Saturday Night Live studio) in downtown Salt Lake City. I didn't think I would be able to make it into the venue, but I went down there anyways to at least catch a glimpse of all the guys. There was a huge line in front of the venue of people trying to get in and the city police had closed off the entire street from traffic due to the humongous crowd.

U2 landed on the roof of the venue via helicopter, went into the venue and rehearsed a few songs, and then came outside to greet the fans and take pictures and sign autographs. Everybody had vinyl records and CD's, mainly of Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby. I was in the front of the line, holding out my vinyl of POP when Bono spotted it, shouted for Edge to come with him, and they both ran over to me. They had the whole band sign it and then talked with me about how I was the only person there who brought POP to get signed. They then gave me a card to take up to Paul McGuinness after the show to receive every U2 record on vinyl, autographed by the band, and a guitar signed by the Edge (there was some other stuff, but I forgot to write it down). Bono then ushered me inside the venue. I was the first person inside. I sat down and had some pizza with the band and they asked me what song I would like them to play more than any song and I replied with, "Hawkmoon". Bono said they could for sure play that one.

They then set me up with my own little platform that was raised above where the rest of the crowd would be. It faced the stage and allowed me perfect view. As I recall, the stage was set up exactly as it was when the band played at the SNL studio.

The band came on stage and played a 13 song main set, followed by a three song encore. From what I can remember, they played this:

1 - I Will Follow
2 - Beautiful Day
3 - *can't remember*
4 - *can't remember, I wanna say Get On Your Boots though*
5 - City of Blinding Lights
6 - Mofo
7 - Gone
8 - Lemon
9 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
10 - All I Want Is You
11 - Bad
12 - Where The Streets Have No Name
13 - Mysterious Ways

14 - Hawkmoon 269
15 - Acrobat
16 - Ultraviolet (Light My Way)

For Still Haven't Found, Bono said that the band had a very special guest and then invited me on stage to join them by playing guitar and singing along with Bono and Edge.

Also for the encore, they had the wheel mic and Bono wore the laser jacket. Hawkmoon had the same lighting as WOWY does on the tour. For Acrobat, the lasers on Bono's suit turned blue, and then for Ultraviolet, the lighting was the same as on tour. Also, for Ultraviolet, Bono invited me back onstage and allowed me to swing around on the mic and it was awesome.

That's a detailed dream ;) I like the setlist :D
It sounds indeed like an amazing dream, I'm still hoping I can go to a U2-concert in one of my dreams, but no such luck...

Yeah! I keep a dream journal and I was lucky enough to wake up right after this dream and be able to quickly scrawl the details I could remember before it left my memory. It was a pretty great dream though :D

Wow, It's like it could have happened in real life. :ohmy:
My dreams are always an incoherent mess. I had a U2 dream when I was a teen back in the 90s. I remember it because it was so stupid:

Me, a friend of mine, my little sisters and my granny are all having a quiet evening while my parents are away. We are in our big house in the country which lies by a Norwegian fjord, a very unlikely place for something interesting to happen.
The doorbell rings and when I open U2 anno 1992 stands on our doorstep eager to come in.
I get annoyed because we were supposed to have a quiet evening and the guys don't seem very quiet. Bono & Co ignore my demand to get lost, with them an unknown amount of kids of all type of origins rushes in. I don't think I ever been so pissed off in a dream before. :mad:
The guys and the kids acts like they're at home and don't care about us who lives there. When the night comes and I have tucked my little sisters under the duvets for sleep the whole gang of band and kids emerge. They throw my little sisters and granny out of their beds and all the kids suddenly have mattresses to sleep on. Since the whole bedroom is crowded we have to share the bed in my parents' bedroom. I'm terrible angry but the band and the kids act like I don't exist.
In the middle of the night I wake up of the sound of Bono picking up dirty laundry. He knows the house better than I do because I'm shocked when he opens a secret door I didn't know about to the cellar. He throws several bin-bags of laundry down the stairs and walks down after. That's the last I see of him before waking up. :crack:

Since I have started to follow U2 again and hang on this forum U2 related dreams are coming back.
I caught a glimpse of a sleeping Edge in a huge but ready for demolition hotel in one of my resent dreams. Outside Victoria Beckham was having a chat while a camera crew were following her. The dream was pretty much about her but for some reason I left her to look through all the rooms in the hotel. All of them was empty except from the room Edge was sleeping in. He looked peaceful and puppy-cute. :love:

Back
Top Bottom