This forum is Alive and well

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

antietam

The Fly
I think it is kinda sad that the title with the negative conotation recieves the most hits, although it was a nice poem, I think people just want to see dirt on others, maybe it is the modern media effect? I don't know?

"SOMETHING, SOMEHOW, SOMEWHERE ALONG THE WAY"

the future ain't what it used to be
time is like a barren pine tree
the more I look, the less I want to see
I remember a time when life got me drunk like wine
but now I use the bottle to kill my time
I remember the place where I saw her face
oh how going to meet her made my heart race
I remember.
the last day of school, a beautiful sunny day, wanting to be cool
things used to mean so much
playing in the school yard during lunch
but, something has changed
somehow I am not the same
I lost myself,
I lost my hope somehow, somewhere along the way
Is it part of growing old?
are we supposed to be ambivalent and cold?
does entropy progarm our lives?
is it a downward spiral till we die?
is there anyway to forget what we have learned?
when will it be my turn?
you ask if I believe in destiny?
Yeah I believe in fate!
everyone has a tombstone with their name!
If I cared I might try something new
if anything mattered I might relay it to you
But in the end our past has no effect
whether we die rich or as a derelict!
something is wrong
somehow I know I will never be strong
I can't believe this has happened to me, this hopeless disease
somewhere there is a young boy who still believes
he believes in his goals and his dreams
one day they will be lost in the stream
and when it all changes he will say;
"I lost something, somehow, somewhere along the way"
But don't despair, anything can be repaired
If one dare's to wish
they must also have the wit to get
change begins on the inside
lie to yourself until you believe
don't look behind you until the moment you die
and then when you're sad,
you won't even remember why?
learn to look ahead
your failure to do so is why things have changed
the goal of the universe is the "creation of an effect"
create your future and forget your past
and then finally, life won't look so bad
and then you can shout. . . "HALLELUJAH" at last!!!!!!

This forum tends to get very many views and not so many replies. A lot of people come here to read the poetry.. sometimes it just doesnt require a reply.

lol, if ppl go looking for dirt on others, I don't think they'd peek in here. I've found this to be a pleasant friendly, and yes rather quiet folder, like a library, but that's a compliment cause I love libraries. I think the simple reason that discussion received lots of hits is because of the conversational/ discussion tone of the thread, therefore you have the same people looking back in there more than once, perhaps posting more than one reply, whereas its unlikely you'd re-open the same poem you've already read over and over again just to say 'hey I like this!' once more, well, maybe if its a smutty one, lol. Personally I just enjoy sharing my own poetry and reading others poetry, I'm not all that concerned with how many replies I get or how many views someone else gets etc. An espresso machine in here would be nice tho. :D

LCK said:
lol, if ppl go looking for dirt on others, I don't think they'd peek in here. I've found this to be a pleasant friendly, and yes rather quiet folder, like a library, but that's a compliment cause I love libraries. I think the simple reason that discussion received lots of hits is because of the conversational/ discussion tone of the thread, therefore you have the same people looking back in there more than once, perhaps posting more than one reply, whereas its unlikely you'd re-open the same poem you've already read over and over again just to say 'hey I like this!' once more, well, maybe if its a smutty one, lol. Personally I just enjoy sharing my own poetry and reading others poetry, I'm not all that concerned with how many replies I get or how many views someone else gets etc. An espresso machine in here would be nice tho. :D

yeah I agree with what you said, I just noticed and decided to do a little experiment and see how many people would open this thread. . . like you said I don't post for praise. . not like I would get any, but its not like I can walk up to someone on the street a read them something. . so I post it here. . anyway see ya around.

:lol: you can't tell how many ppl have opened this thread! 20 views might mean 20 different ppl have opened it. Or 10 ppl have looked in it twice. Or one single person either has a crush on you or is really bored and opened it 20 times herself.

awww, but you sound sad :hug: saying no-one is likely to give you praise. Ah, but I do love to prove ppl wrong :D. If you check back in your "looking at me looking at you" poem you'll see nice comments, ie PRAISE :wink: from Gini and me.

LCK said:
:lol: you can't tell how many ppl have opened this thread! 20 views might mean 20 different ppl have opened it. Or 10 ppl have looked in it twice. Or one single person either has a crush on you or is really bored and opened it 20 times herself.

"or one single person has a crush on you and opened it 20 times,"

that was funny! but kinda creepy at the same time!

thanks LCK! i was going to pm you, but I couldn't

so I just wanted give you a "shout out"

so hey!!

Back
Top Bottom