the cheek - poetry.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

frogbat

The Fly
I once sent in a poem to poetry.com just for the $1000 prize money - I obviously didn't win though I got a letter asking permission for them to include it in a book

well now I got another letter saying they want to record it onto their speken poetry cds

the fact that it got lost in the mail means it's too late to send it in - the part that I hate is that they expect me to actually pay for receiving a copy of the cd albeit at a discount

it's not the paying as much as it all looks like a ploy to sell more of their stuff

- sorry just had to rant

I can understand you feeling a bit jaded about that, but I think my vanity and curiosity would take over and cause me to fork over the cash for the CD though
smile.gif

Don't do it!!
They are frauds, matey.
I got sucked in to the exact same thing. My poem is actually on their website. I saw a teeny ad for a poetry competition , which I was led to believe was a local thing at the time. I forgot about it and about a year later I received a letter saying how they liked my poem and wanted to publish it in their great anthology.
I agreed they could publish it, I didnt know what the hell it was.
One day I was surfing the net looking at poetry sites and stumbled across poetry.com. I recognised the name from the letter and just for fun typed in my name.
This is what I found..
http://www.poetry.com/Publications/display.asp?ID=P1572912&BN=760&PN=1

bet that doesnt work
rolleyes.gif

Months and months later I received a letter asking if I would buy their book.Stupidly, I listened to my mother and bought the damn thing.
This a book that I still haven't even seen.

Stay away from them, froggie, they are evil, evil people!!!

Once you get your poem on the site, they send you an invite to this bullshit poetry convention endorsed by Mrs Brady, Florence Henderson herself. Its a just a money making scheme. So don't even bother..

Their only saving grace was that Johnny Cash is apparently a member of their esteemed group. YEEEEE HAAAAWWW!!!

thanks for the warning ZA - only sent it in for the money (yes I'm that desperate)

you should read the form letter they sent me - subtlety is not their middle name

they do play up to one's vanity - my problem is that I'll never know if they used it without permission

LOL
biggrin.gif

I'm sorry froggie
frown.gif

big mean-heads...grrrrr!! hehehehehehe
I dunno why but I never share my poetry with anyone...probably cuz they'd think it was stupid
rolleyes.gif

that's why I share with you guys
smile.gif

so anyway,my cat is sorry for U2 errr...you too, Mr Frog...and for you zoomanda...
bad people stealing nice people's poetry ...

------------------
I think Edge is the head of the band, I'm the heart, and Adam and Larry are the feet.
-Bono

so I figured out the location, next investigation is the first name...

I know wanderer's and Babyg's and well everyone knows mine.

Got to get the P.I. skills working again..

Although I think I'll always just think of you as Kermie
smile.gif

hahaha...I missed the location...somewhere cold, right?
my cat's tummy??
biggrin.gif
well, that's not cold, though...
first name...hmmmm...Kermit works well big sis but I commonly refer to him as froggie (which he really is...he just wishes he was a bat)
biggrin.gif

------------------
I think Edge is the head of the band, I'm the heart, and Adam and Larry are the feet.
-Bono

thanks guys

lol ZA - that's a testament to my laziness

don't worry about my loc. everyone knows except MIB (hopefully) - I want him to think that I live in civilisation

just had a better look at the site - I can order my poem on an apron. I'm tempted coz I'll need it when I make me curries - I'll use their letter as toilet paper
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom