Steel Cage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RavenStar

Refugee
Steel Cage

Looking out from behind the bars of my steel cage I see the world looking back in at me. Studying me. A rat in a cage. Thats all I am. But what they dont know is that I study them too. I study how they study me. Does that make any sense? I'm not too sure what makes sense to people since I have lived my whole life in this cage. I dont even know steel is whats it's made of. Could be iron. But stell has more of a ring to it. From what I hear, or read. I dont know how to speak because I cant exactly hear anything. I read a lot though. And I always read about steel being decribed as ringing. I am not sure what ringing means. They always wrinte in books how humans rely on sight the most. But then why does hearing have such an important role? I guess it must be second. Then what of third? Touch, maybe. I can't touch the steel bars though. Something stops me from touching them. I dont get to touch much of anything now that I think about it. I can't feel myself either. I wish I could feel something. I want to feel this soft grass I always read about in books. Feel the air on my face. But I cant. What of fourth? Must be smell. The aroma of freshly baked pie I wish to smell. but I cant do that either. I've always wanted to taste pie too. But I can never taste anything. Or maybe I can. I dont think I've ever really had the opportunity to taste.

One day I saw all the people fall to the ground. They were holfind their ears. I saw the news headlines. The front cover said that a loud noise was killing off all people and that everyone should buy earplugs. Then they all fell down around me. Cluthing their ears. All lie still now. The steel bars look to be moving very fast. Vibrating I think it was called. Now there are little cracks in the bars. Getting bigger. I can see the sky. Or at least I think it is the sky. It looks like what they say it looks like in books. Blue with white puffy things called clouds. I dont see any clouds though. Maybe this isnt the sky after all. Nw I see something grey moving fast towards my cage. The bars have even larger cracks in them. The grey thing, a rock, made them larger. I see the sky again. It looks different now. Sonething is gone. There arent any vars anymore. But the sky isnt there long. I now for the first time can see my cage. The cage I lived my whole life in. I see it from the outside. Like everyone always saw me. But now I see them inside. I dont see why they spent years watching me. This isnt interesting. I hear some birds singing. And the grass feels prickly on my cheek. I think I got some in my mouth because it taste kind of good. I can smell pie in the air. I get up and walk towards the smell of the pie.

Back
Top Bottom