Saying of the Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wizard2c

Refugee
Not much time to post but please comment on my reading today from "The Hobbit"................

"Never laugh at live dragons"

I'll interpret this today as Hurricane Dennis on the way here to Florida......................

Let me know what this saying means to you.

carol
wizard2c
:|

Do not mock those who may bring you down in the future, i.e. what comes around goes around:wink:

......hmm... I'm going to have multiple definitions!

first......

Never laugh at a fantasy that is taking place infront of you, because if something like a dragon comes your way, it could certainly change your destiny

If you laugh at something that you think is not real, but really is, then you are in deep s***.

If you take something lightly just because it is unlikely, and are arrogant in believing in that things unfeasibility, then you could be setting yourself up for a huge fall

Always be aware, always be courteous, always be respectful.

//and/or//

You never know if a dragon is your friend or your enemy.

never laugh at a golden oppertunity, even if it seems unlikely

----------

I don't want to ruin anything, but later on, I will say something about this. It reminds me of something else, a certain "picture" in my pysch class... But then again, that is sort of going off on a huge tangent. Maybe later, though...

Last edited:
All possibilities need to be explored and your the man to do it, I'll just pass my own judgement when it's all over

only laugh at dead dragons:wink:

--------------------------

Unless you are a monkey, then you haven't got a chance!
(a play on eastern zodiac)

-----------------------------

Worship all who make good chinese food
(sorry, personal influence... and hunger...)

-----------------------------

Be respectful, unless you know something is gone (??)

------------------------------

The word "LIVE" is throwing me off... I wonder what it's significance is in regard to the actual context of the sentance within the paragraph, within the book.

Back
Top Bottom