"predators"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Wanderer

Kid A
the dirt and disease
stalking the bright lit stars
razor sharp women
dangerous play things
in his mind
she is betrayed
she is filthy
and you had fun
until you realize
she has someone
who loved her
more than you
can stomach
as she dies
at your feet
you promise
to do better
next time

~~~
just a reminder, cause I was watching something kind of sad and sickening tonight, and I scribbled this down as my reaction, anyway, careful out there folks, take care of yourselves, there's some sick fuckers out there

We've just had a couple of "incidents" at my school.

Please remember folks, it is *never* the survivors fault. Victim blaming only causes more pain.

Wanderer, I don't know if I interpreted it right, but it's good anyhow!

not sure what you mean by that? I wasn't implying at all that it was the victim's fault... I was examining it from an assailant's point of view, in that there is typically not much feeling or compassion for the victim but in a moment of guilt the attacker promises himself to 1)either suppress these feelings of guilt more successfully, or 2)the attacker promises not to do it again, but in a half-hearted gesture that is unlikely to be kept

and besides, sometimes the victim is not a "survivor," but nevermind, enough morbid thought for one day, now I won't have to watch the news today

sorry, I guess I was a little vague there or something....

No, I realize you weren't victim blaming. I just wrote that because I'm dealing with some dumbass fraternity president who's victim blaming and claiming his brother is innocent....what a fucking wanker he's being. Sorry, the whole victim blaming thing was on my mind when i wrote that.

when i said i wasn't sure if i interpreted it right it was because it was written from such a unique position. you don't often see subject matter like that written from the assailants perspective. the juxtaposition of the "evil" side of the predator, seeing his victim as "filthy", but then to turn around and suddenly have some sort of guilt pang and compassion for her....well, it throws you off reading it. you almost want to feel sorry for him. i guess for me, it makes me hate him even more. the whole "you promise to do better next time" eats at me. if i ever met any one of the guys who assaulted any one of my female friends (i know too many survivors) and he had that sort of attitude about it....i think i'd kill him. my attitude is, if you're so sorry about doing it, then why the fuck'd ya do it in the first place?

nevermind. anyway, it's good.

Back
Top Bottom