Poetry lovers--Critique, please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BONO'ppetit

War Child
I had this published in a poetry anthology some years ago and they changed the word 'tonight' in the last stanza to 'thought', totally ruining the poem and embarrassing me so bad I threw the anthology away. Just want to know if anyone wants to interpret.

Mind Murals

Still riddled aloud since history
What mortal minds can't perceive
The silver-screen caves of mystery
that slumbering minds achieve

Silver screen caves in the dead of night
Where only one may enter
Eyes of another you mayn't invite
For you are it's inventor

Sounds of silence, laughter and sorrow
And the visions make no sense
Logic returns to mind tomorrow
When realities commence

But who's to say what's real and what's not
And is it our intention
For the answers to remain besought
The mysterious mind's invention

To this cave you'll return tonight
A world you can't explain
For in this world of black and white
Will the mystery always remain

Last edited:
That is a fine poem :rockon:

And it involves questioning the reality around you and your own perception of such a thing!

I like it

PS. in you signature, I love the smile on the guys face....

he knows the steak is coming to hit him in the face....

but he likes it anywas :yes: :yes: :yes:

But who's to say what's real and what's not
And is it our intention
For the answers to remain besought
The mysterious mind's invention.......
"for the future can be created"

Very good.......

carol
wizard2c

:|

I picked up the following and interpreted it to be a screen/movie writer scenario but why can't dreams become reality as well. Nonetheless, very well written.

"The silver-screen caves of mystery"

carol
wizard2c

Re: reply

wizard2c said:
I picked up the following and interpreted it to be a screen/movie writer scenario but why can't dreams become reality as well. Nonetheless, very well written.

"The silver-screen caves of mystery"

carol
wizard2c

I believe they can become reality. And often do. But it's a matter of conjecture, isn't it? I also often see color in my dreams, whereas, it's often said that dreams are mainly in black and white.

I dream in color too.....many of my dreams are like looking thru windows..places I've never been or people I have never met...sort of like remote viewing. Some of my dreams do become reality.

Re: reply

wizard2c said:
I dream in color too.....many of my dreams are like looking thru windows..places I've never been or people I have never met...sort of like remote viewing. Some of my dreams do become reality.

Don't concern yourself too much with dreams, we cannot change the world with dreams only through action can we do something as grand as that, although I would have to say I also dream in colour, although I hardly have that many dreams during my sleep anymore, I do however dream a shit load during the day, strange:wink:

Last edited:
For Honor said:
Dreams becoming reality...................

*sigh*

You either don't believe that one can achieve the realisation of a dream or your're in a cynical mood, maybe your just studying this as a mental photograph, a still frame of sorts:| Maybe I'm doing the same thing to you:wink:

Re: Re: reply

ZeroDude said:

Don't concern yourself too much with dreams, we cannot change the world with dreams only through action can we do something as grand as that, although I would have to say I also dream in colour, although I hardly have that many dreams during my sleep anymore, I do however dream a shit load during the day, strange:wink:
Concerned, no. Topic of interest, to me, yes. And if you know how to read them they can be quite revealing. But that doesn't usually happen til after the fact. Sort of a hind sight is 20/20 thing.

Re: Re: Re: reply

BONO'ppetit said:
Concerned, no. Topic of interest, to me, yes. And if you know how to read them they can be quite revealing. But that doesn't usually happen til after the fact. Sort of a hind sight is 20/20 thing.

Another case of something being what another perceives it to be:wink: We do have very high brow conversations in Dream Out Loud this weather:drool:

Back
Top Bottom