Part 1 of ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
Far away from here. An old television set, the colour faded and dominated by too much blue. The picture marred by occasional lines of distortion moving downward from the top of the screen.

?What made you say that??
?Why wouldn?t I say it? It?s the truth. That?s what you?re after here isn?t it? The truth.?
?I see. But don?t you think it was a little harsh??
?How do you mean??
?I have the quote in front of me. You said, ?I hate him. The world would be much better off without him. And I intend to do something about it.??
?Yeah, you?ve read that 14 times now. I think the viewers understand the general gist.?
?Yes, but it?s the FACTS. It?s EVIL, SHOCKING, and CURRENT.?
?Not only that, but as I?ve said several times already, it was taken out of context.?
?You?ve mentioned that before.?
?Several times. And you always change the subject.?
?Last week Ronald Abendsor, the president of the Federation of Unilaterally Declared Genetic Engineers said he thought your behaviour was becoming intolerable and he might pursue legal action against you. How do you respond to that??
?What? You?re doing it again!?
?You have no specific reaction to a high level executive declaring his enmity with you??
?I didn?t say that!?
?Exactly.?
?I said, you changed the goddamn subject again!?
?No you didn?t.?
?I was going to.?
?Do you think the growing attention that the media is placing upon you is putting you under a lot of stress??
?Listen, I?ve just about had enough of this. You aren?t actually listening to a word I say!?
?Intriguing. Do you think that?s somehow connected with the poor performance of the Canadian dollar in recent months??
?You know? You?re really starting to piss me off. Sitting there reading off your teleprompter. With all your rouge and eye shadow. Gotta look good for the viewers at home huh? Even if there aren?t any viewers. And you know? There probably aren?t. None. Nobody cares about this tripe. You could go off to some rotted out corner of suburbia, curl up and die, and no one at all would actually give a damn.?
?Because it?s the truth. That?s what you?re after here isn?t it??
?Don?t you think that?s a little harsh??
?Like you even care? wait a minute.?
?Oh god.?
?You?re stuck in a fucking loop!?
?What made you??

A low hum. Growing louder as the lines of distortion grow more and more frequent. The picture is mangled beyond recognition. A sudden very brief silence. An explosion. The television set erupting in a ball of hot yellow fire, tearing itself apart. Fragments of shattered plastic and metal flying outward. A thunderous boom.

Ash drifts toward the tiled floor. Silence. Save for a broken electric hum.

[This message has been edited by SkeeK (edited 12-28-2001).]

the idea that the interviewer is stuck on loop, you really struck upon something there, because this is the case with all things on tv today, all the voices of supposed "reason" and "sanity," the so-called "majority," etc (and it makes me think of the end to Wake Up Dead Man)

Back
Top Bottom