Out Loud

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bicyclingfish

The Fly
"Out Loud"

A life less certain
Thoughts unwielding
Moments held perilously in time
I swam through the seaweed and climbed onto a rock
My mouth spewed forth a sound from my soul:

Yearning
Hoping
Wanting
Dreaming
Waiting

My "look" didn't match
Cell Block air Cafeteria air Jail air always choking out prayers from my lonely Self
Stuck in a moment, a place, an idea...
I broke free from the cell and ran into the yard
From my lungs spilled a sound from my heart:

Yearning
Hoping
Wanting
Dreaming
Waiting

Free to dream
Free to believe
Free to desire
Free to know
And always out loud.

Always I will know
We said forever
Noone else to believe
Only you and me
And always out loud.

A newly wed couple had rented a boat for their first vacation together. They sailed far out into the ocean and spent a week at sea.

At the end of their trip they got into a fight. At the same time a storm picked up out of nowhere and things on the boat got bad. The husband was thrown overboard and washed out to sea with only a life jacket.

After a couple of days he stuck land and found his way to the authorities, only to be charged with murder. They'd found his wife dead from a blow to her head on the boat the day before the man arrived.

This poem is about the man's struggle to be free inside of himself while incarcerated for the murder of the wife he loved...

If you must dream of the world you want to live in, dream out loud.

(Thanks Bono!)

[This message has been edited by bicyclingfish (edited 09-23-2000).]

bicyclingfish,

I'm not sure what to say, that's why it's taken this long to reply since you posted this, but life can be so cruel, if that happened to me I would probably want to kill myself, I simply couldn't imagine going through that . . . it would take unimaginable courage to carry on through that . . . thanks for sharing bicyclingfish

-Wanderer

Back
Top Bottom