otherworldly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooropamanda

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
*thinks how she can imaginitively phrase how great this one is so that it sounds different to every other time*

maybe i'll just do my ole point system

smile.gif

I am standing on the edge of a full moon
And I could just walk off into the water,
Awestruck at the great divide
And an even greater mystery.
There's no time like nighttime
To stand still beneath gathered stormclouds
And moonlight's broken stairway,
Listening to the overtones of an almighty symphony
And the underscore of a crab's soft scuttle.
I pick up a shell laid carelessly
At my feet and study the cast
Reflections off of its wet surface.
I am only at the doorstep.

To stand still beneath gathered stormclouds
And moonlight's broken stairway,
Listening to the overtones of an almighty symphony

in same dilema as manda..just beautiful imagery, last line is brilliant

I just wanted to say something but now I can't remember what. oh well, now I'll just bring this up again anyway for no reason, forgive me.

I want to go back to the beach, I miss it so much. There's just something about the great vastness of the ocean that pulls me. Plus I love the sun + sand, and pretty much everything else
biggrin.gif

any other beach lovers here? I swear I could not live totally inland ever in my life, for more than 6 months anyway

and thanks again for your kindness guys
smile.gif

------------------
I sing beneath the shadow of your wings...

Yes I have been a beach girl my whole life Nik.
But not a typical Aussie surfie chick either. I have always lived close to the beach and loved the fact that I could sit by the water anytime I needed to.

Here in Sydney, my local beach is called Cronulla. There is this very long pathway right along the beach and out padt the rocks called The Esplanade. I walk along there a lot to relax. Its a beautiful place to go to just walk with the sea on your side.
Where I grew up I wasn't far from Balmoral and Manly Beaches. Manly is almost as well known as Bondi.
Manly is also known for its topless bathers hehe
There's just something about the water.

Peace, just peace.

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
There's just something about the water.

Peace, just peace.

so true Manda. just letting that sound wash over you, doing stupid stuff like looking for shark teeth and conchs along the shore. and I've always thought the sun is the most relaxing thing in the world.

you sound like you have really nice beaches..I mean what would you expect from an island continent
biggrin.gif
but still you're so lucky. the Jersey shore is crowded, small, and some of it quite polluted. I've said it before I think, but Australia's beaches look like Florida's...and those are just gorgeous.

I was actually having some pretty morbid thoughts the last day I was in S. Carolina except they didn't seem morbid at all; I was lying on the beach tanning and thinking, I could just die right here and melt away into the sand and I wouldn't mind a bit. and I decided that when I die I want to be cremated and have my ashes scattered along the beach somewhere. told you it seemed morbid! it really wasn't though, it was just peaceful, accepting that you really are just a small, uneventful piece of life in some grander scheme.

plus everyone's always friendlier when they're at the shore, in no time flat you can be playing volleyball or tackle football with perfect strangers and having so much fun.

so rock on beach lovers the world over!
biggrin.gif

------------------
I sing beneath the shadow of your wings...

Originally posted by The Wanderer:
great final line, so very clever...

I agree. I think I need to be near water, having spent my whole life so far two blocks from the sea. My mom needs to be IN water whenever she spots a swimmable expanse, but I just love to be near it. Lakes and rivers are good...the sea is the best. I like this poem very much.

------------------
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out

Back
Top Bottom