no title yet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popkidu2

War Child
I've demo'd this with the title "Whatever"....but I'm sure I'll come up with a better title.

Sort of a trance rock song. Anyway...I haven't posted in quite some time here, so I thought I'd give y'all something that I was working on. I'm actually in the middle of recording a CD. I hope to have it done by January....

Can you feel this
It's coming apart
I've waited forever
To let myself be free
Now I can see you
For what you really are
It's only for a moment
Then I know of all your lies

chorus
And when the moment has passed you by
I'll leave with what I've got
To hold it within my hands
I've carried it to this day

Connected by what we can't control
Dispersed into the night
Just take a second to carry out
What's written in your head

chorus
And when the moment has passed you by
To hold it within my hands
I've carried it to this day.....

[This message has been edited by popkidu2 (edited 11-10-2001).]

love the chorus..

I hope whenver u do get it recorded u put it on the net somewhere so we can listen. I'd love to hear it
smile.gif

I am blown away by your song! I have not posted in a long time either due to personal reasons. I was watching U2's Boston concert on VH1 tonight & I decided to see what was going on in Dream Out Loud and your song really hit home for me. Thank You.

I was wondering, are most demos done with an acoustic guitar? or is there no set formula to it? it occurred to me that the easiest thing to do would probably just record a demo with acoustic + vox but what do I know?

anyway, just wondering...

also, do you write music, then write lyrics to the music? do you write lyrics, then piece them together with different things you've come up with on the guitar? how does all of that stuff work? (I know for instance, that Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins recorded just about every song he every wrote as an acoustic demo and then went from there, but that's just him)

may seem like a dumb question, but humour me, I know little about this sort of thing and I've always wondered

Good questions Wanderer....for some reason I thought you'd left. I haven't seen ya around. Well, good to see ya
smile.gif

As far as the demo's go. Yeah, I write all my songs on my acoustic guitar first. Sometimes I take lyrics that I've already written and put them to music, and sometimes I'll be playing something new and lyrics will come to me. I also mix and match lyrics I've written with new stuff when it seems appropriate.

My demo's are in a variety of forms. Some are just voice and acoustic guitar, but on a number of them I've already played around with other guitar parts and keyboard stuff. I also lay down a basic drum beat to work from. Once the song structure is figured out, I'll rerecord everything, starting with the drum beats. I construct the whole drum beat song in a program called virtual drummer. It's a basic drum machine for mac, doesn't sound too good, but it is close enough that no one will really bother. Then I'll lay down the acoustic track and bass track and then everything else.

Right now I've got 12 songs demoed, with another 5 or 6 semi written but not recorded in any fashion. I spend a lot of time right now listening to the demo's and thinking about what the final version will sound like.

I record using a program called Logic Audio Silver on a macintosh iBook. It took some time to get the shit to work on the lap top, but it does the job.

Does that answer your question....I totally forgot what you asked
smile.gif

------------------
And I feel like I'm slowly slowly slowly slipping under.

And I feel like I'm holding onto nothing.

ADAM (talking about Elevation):
"I like it, it's very hard to play live...(starts smiling) I don't understand what it's about, it's good."

oh I never leave, I just drift in and out of everything...

fascinating, I really wish I would get off my fucking ass and learn to play guitar and keyboards, it would give me something worthwhile to do with all the useless drivel I write

please post your demos sometime, or send them to me, I would love to listen, if that's ok

--------
today is the first day
of the rest of your days
so lighten up

Yeah, I totally will send them to you when I'm done.

If you have a few extra bucks (or a credit card) you should go out tomorrow and buy yourself an acoustic guitar and a basic guitar chord book. That's what I did. That was the summer after my first year of college. Best thing I ever did. Just do it...you won't regret it
smile.gif

i really wanna hear it
smile.gif

great lyrics like those are the first thing that pull me into a song the majority of the time. and you certainly have the writing skills, you'll prolly be the first among us dreamers to be a true rock star!

thanks for sharing popkid

Back
Top Bottom