Negative Rainbows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZeroDude

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Venting my spleen,
Pulling no punches,
Watching elbows catch a cold wind,
Buying into life,
Souls are up,
Love is down,
I haven’t been to New York,
Pity me,

"Art begins when one person, with the object of joining another or others to himself in one and the same feeling, expresses that feeling by certain external indications. To take the simplest example: a boy, having experienced, let us say, fear on encountering a wolf, relates that encounter; and, in order to evoke in others the feeling he has experienced, describes himself, his condition before the encounter, the surroundings, the woods, his own light heartedness, and then the wolf's appearance, its movements, the distance between himself and the wolf, etc. All this, if only the boy, when telling the story, again experiences the feelings he had lived through and infects the hearers and compels them to feel what the narrator had experienced is art. If even the boy had not seen a wolf but had frequently been afraid of one, and if, wishing to evoke in others the fear he had felt, he invented an encounter with a wolf and recounted it so as to make his hearers share the feelings he experienced when he feared the world, that also would be art. And just in the same way it is art if a man, having experienced either the fear of suffering or the attraction of enjoyment (whether in reality or in imagination) expresses these feelings on canvas or in marble so that others are infected by them. And it is also art if a man feels or imagines to himself feelings of delight, gladness, sorrow, despair, courage, or despondency and the transition from one to another of these feelings, and expresses these feelings by sounds so that the hearers are infected by them and experience them as they were experienced by the composer."

Give my father his regards,
Then ask for them back,
“Jumping Jack Flash.”
“Jesus Christ.”
You really are the real thing,
“James Spader.”
Pregnancy does not excuse poor punctuality,
Chauvinistic sexless bastards,

Is this heaven?
I walked for miles,
“Whispers.”
Do you want to?
“Horses.”
Silence slides down by the urethra of my echoed musings,
Watch this space,

…………………
…………………
…………………
…………………
…………………

Remember nihilism and decency are inexplicably linked. Oscar Wilde and boredom are inexplcably linked as well but that as they say is a different story.

Did you see it?
“No.”
“Neither did I.”
“Maybe life is worth living but living in my opinion has not yet yielded any considerable benefits in relation to my own life that is.”
“Touche.”

“Souls are up, love is down.”

Excerpt from the London Stock Exchange Weekly.

Time for a discussion.

"Tolstoy characterizes art in terms of the relationship of the observer/perceiver both to the artist and to others who perceive the work. What is the nature of that relationship?"

The nature of said relationship is not as simplistic as Tolstoy implies however it is just a piece of a much larger myriad of reactionary and conflicting ideals. For instance I do not feel the need to expand on my questioning of Tolstoy’s convictions due to my narcissistic nature.

Proving a Universal Negative

"It is taken for granted by Christians, as well as many atheists, that a universal negative cannot be proven. In this case, that universal negative is the statement that the Christian God does not exist. One would have to have omniscience, they say, in order to prove that anything does not exist. I disagree with this position, however, because omniscience is not needed in order to prove that a thing whose nature is a self-contradiction cannot, and therefore does not exist."

"I do not need a complete knowledge of the universe to prove to you that cubic spheres do not exist. Such objects have mutually-exclusive attributes which would render their existence impossible. For example, a cube, by definition, has 8 corners, while a sphere has none. These properties are completely incompatible: they cannot be held simultaneously by the same object. It is my intent to show that the supposed properties of the Christian God Yahweh, like those of a cubic sphere, are incompatible, and by so doing, to show Yahweh's existence to be an impossibility."

Infringing copyright laws is the least of my worries, this man was born a pessimist he also fails to consider the flawed nature of human perception. If he were to accept this fact he would realise that cubic spheres are actually feasible.

I think it's time to coordinate the revolution.

! I don't have time to read it all!

but I'm reading it a soon as I get the chance!
looks really interesting so far......

ZeroDude said:

Infringing copyright laws is the least of my worries, this man was born a pessimist he also fails to consider the flawed nature of human perception. If he were to accept this fact he would realise that cubic spheres are actually feasible.

I think it's time to coordinate the revolution.

Is this your 2 cents, your comments, or is it part of it all?
Or is it meant to be vauge like that?

Either way, interesting read.
I'll probably come back again and sift through it more...

We're all part of it my man,

Deliberate obvious statements are made to cover for their vague counterparts.:wink:

Very good Zero Dude............seems you've been on a writing campaign. Can't keep up with all your new postings.

carol
wizard2c
:|

Well, I guess I am, I've recently felt the need to write and write alot and I'm just happy enough knowing that your willing to acknowledge my works at all.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom