My Letter To U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jewelofharlem

Babyface
I was sitting here Wide Awake In America, staring up into the Indian Summer Sky listening to your music until, low and behold, a thousand Seconds had passed and my watch?s alarm rang at 11 O?clock Tick Tock. All of a sudden, Scarlet clouds began to set in and I felt as though I was sitting Under A Blood Red Sky. The thoughts in my head began to Promenade in one big circle. They would not stop. Where was the Red Light? I ran home through the park, amidst the Shadows and Tall Trees. I had A Celebration to attend for the 4th of July.

The celebration was being held at The Electric Co. The Boy whom I had hoped would notice me in my white dress made of silk and lace danced with a Party Girl named Gloria. She whispered Stories For Boys into his ear as they danced, and danced. One hour later just as I was about to Surrender, a man walked in. He was alone. I could tell, because of sensitivity, that he was a Drowning Man. Everyone called him The Refugee because of the way he looked. Our eyes met. With A Shout, he called upon me to dance with him. The chemistry between us was like some sort of Fire ? a raging, furious, passionate Unforgettable Fire. The entire room sensed that, from that moment on, our Two Hearts Beat As One forever more. We must have danced until October. We felt The Three Sunrises set within our souls.

Before we knew anything it was New Year?s Day. Memories of MLK entered our heads as we sat on a hill, for his birthday would soon be coming around. We cried at memories of the emotional, spiritual, mental-not to mention physical, War he (and his believers) fought. We were sad that he fatally lost the war, but at least his Pride was not a fatality. His life was Like A Song?full of purpose, expression, and the ability to ignite any human emotion possible. One thing is for certain, though, this song was stopped right in the middle without ever having been given a chance to play right through to the very end. We felt really Bad. A thousand Sunday Bloody Sunday fatalities in our past, a thousand more in our future if we?re not careful.

We?ve proclaimed our adoration for one another, and now our Love Comes Tumbling down a hill. Our days and nights are full of Things To Do and Make. Not one person shall disconnect the Wire that now connects us. If he should ever have to leave, I Will Follow. We will love each other from twenty to 40 and beyond. A Sort Of Homecoming is always in store for each of us after a long day?s journey. ?I love you,? he says to me. My reply: ?I love U2.?

Is That All? No! We had decided to take the Hawkmoon 269 train to the last stop, far beyond Where The Streets Have No Name. It was shaping up to be a Beautiful Day, so we sat underneath the Joshua Tree on One Tree Hill. We watched a Lemon blossom on one of its branches. As I looked into Mofo?s Spanish Eyes, I was overtaken by Desire and Elevation. I told him to Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me while I asked him, Do You Feel Loved? I never noticed that The Passengers were approaching. It?s true what they say, you know ? Love Is Blindness.

A few moments later I had decided to fly my Kite near the park while my true love chose to Stay. Shortly after that, I was startled by loud Pop sounds. These Ultraviolet flashes and thundering noises seemed to Bullet The Blue Sky. I had hoped they had been the sounds of a Summer Rain storm, but when I turned around, I realized that we had been struck by the Mysterious Ways of ignorance and hate. Acrobat, the leader of the Passengers, had done something So Cruel. Why is Peace On Earth so hard to come by? This One moment changed our lives drastically. My Achtung Baby lay on the ground, Staring At The Sun for a few moments. He told me, All I Want Is You?then he was Gone. I cried, Please, and Wake Up Dead Man - but he didn?t. I wondered If God Will Send His Angels for him, and he did. This seemed like the Last Day On Earth for me.

Devastated, I began to feel that I Still Haven?t Found What I?m Looking For. Looking like The Wanderer, I decided to Walk On to New York. I stayed at the Million Dollar Hotel and in grief, I Threw A Brick through the window of my room. For The First Time in a long time, I felt Numb. What would Tomorrow be like without him?

A few months later, I felt a Rattle and Hum deep down inside. I heard my guardian Angel Of Harlem tell me, You?re Stuck In A Moment You Can?t Get Out Of. When I asked for her help, she said that she?d give me Grace, but that it might be In A Little While. A few weeks later, The Sweetest Thing happened?Wild Honey was born. When I Look At The World through her innocent Babyface, Some Days Are Better Than Others as I travel through this vast, lonely Heartland. (C.2001)

that is way too cool!!!!

how long did it take you to do that????? I'd say you have a talent!!
biggrin.gif

send it to them! maybe they'll wanna meet you

------------------
contradiction is balance

Back
Top Bottom