My first time... I am scared

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angel

Elvis' Naughty Angel
Well, the forum is called dream outloud. So here I am... dreaming outloud. Mmm, as I listen to the bootleg of my first ever U2 concert my mind races back to times so quickly forgotten. I started to think about where I was, who I was, and what I felt back then. Then I remembered this book I kept. It's not a journal, but a notebook, full of poems and song lyrics I wrote down. Poems I wrote, but not good enough to share here. Perhaps I'll write one for you guys to read one day. Anyway, I don't really have a point with this thread. I am just missing someone so much.
So I took it from the shelf and flipped through it's pages. As I stumble across the song lyrics I chose, I began to ponder why I chose those ones I wrote down... Some of the artists I don't like anymore or listen to, but I can still see the importance of the content, and why it was special to me at the time. It's funny, we grow, we change, but we still so much remain the same.
Life is great, but life is tough, and things become harder during holidays it seems. One song stood out for me tonight, and I wanted to share it with you.

In every heart there is a room
A sanctuary safe and strong
To heal the wounds from lovers past
Until a new one comes along

I spoke to you in cautious tones
You answered me with no pretense
And still I feel I said too much
My silence is my self defense

And everytime I've held a rose
It seems I only felt the thorns
And so it goes and so it goes
And so will you, I suppose

But if my silence made you leave
Then that would be my first mistake
So I will share this room with you
And you can have this heart to break

And this is why my eyes are closed
It's just as well for all I've seen
And so it goes, and so it goes
And you're the only one who knows

So I would chose to be with you
That's if the choice were mine to make
But you can make decisions too

And so it goes, and so it goes
And you're the only one who knows.

------------------
"It's no secret that our world is in darkness tonight..."

those are beautiufl lyrics...

please share some of your poems in the future, obviously when you feel comfortable, but please don't be afraid that they are not good enough, if they are part of your soul, then they are always good enough

the goal is soul

I love Billy Joel.
smile.gif

Don't be shy! You're among friends!

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

Welcome to this nook of Interference, Angel. Thanks for sharing your work...I enjoyed this piece a lot.
smile.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

I spoke to you in cautious tones
You answered me with no pretense
And still I feel I said too much
My silence is my self defense

And everytime I've held a rose
It seems I only felt the thorns
And so it goes and so it goes
And so will you, I suppose

But if my silence made you leave
Then that would be my first mistake

that's gorgeous Angel

don't be afraid please, if you have something you need to say, it's worth being heard. sometimes you just need the release, and trust me, people here are very kind (as if you didnt already know
biggrin.gif
)
take care

The song is 'And So It Goes' by Billy Joel.

For me the song is so real. It shows how afraid we are to love, especially if we have been heartbroken before (and I am sure all of us have been). But the song also makes you realize that in order to love again, you just have to believe, and to open up- to trust again...

Something I struggle with everyday... Thx for being so kind guys!

------------------
"It's no secret that our world is in darkness tonight..."

Hi Christina,
smile.gif

Long time no talk to...I hope you're doing alright over there. *hugs*

I love that song, too, it's so sweet. If you even want to talk you know my email addy.
smile.gif

------------------
"I sometimes get the odd twinge that I wouldn't mind playing lead guitar, just like a couple of notes, but that's about as near as I would want to get to the front." -Larry

Back
Top Bottom