My Dreams Await Me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bicyclingfish

The Fly
I wait for you every night, and I wonder if you know that. The first time I was on a corner in a downtown that was a lot like the one where we met. I looked for your hair, for your eyes; I waited for your laugh, for your voice. My insides yearned for what I never knew before- you.

After that first time, I started waiting in stolen venues, places where my past blurred together with my present, where my lovers from then and now collided. I wanted you at my school and at my work, in my car and at the beach. I heard my music, and their music, and I wanted to hear our music so badly.

I wanted you so badly.

I lay down now on my bed after a long day. There are a dozen new shirts in my closet, each one so that you will see me new every time. I've laid on fresh sheets, and the glass of water is for you if you get thirsty.

I picked up a book and read for a little while, but now my eyes are getting heavy. Now they are closing, slyly, shyly, wantingly... full of hope, my dreams await me, and maybe this time so will you...

is this an excerpt?

maybe it is but just not in the way I was thinking... I guess every poem or prose is an excerpt in a way, in that they are excerpts of life and the imagination...

anyway, that's good, leaves me wanting to read more...

Back
Top Bottom