My Crystal World

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wizard2c

Refugee
Crystal World

Just trying to balance on my new crystal world
multi-faceted
colored reflections of innocence
a non-existent entity
caught in a calipher
as it remains motionless
time means nothing
just trying to balance on my new crystal world.

As I gaze into the world
a light reflects the transparency of existence
a prophet’s perspective of the future
as darkness and light overshadow
a mankind caught within time.
One facet reflects a child’s tear
while another facet becomes a rainbow
as a glimmer of love’s hope

Worlds within a facet
each different and unique
like a window to seek unknown distances
some so tarnished with despair
others extravagant greed beset
time valued images lost in vast wilderness
a changing vision of tomorrow

If the real world could be that simple
like opening and closing a window of time
my new crystal world would be perfect...
no poverty, no famine, no war, no strife...
instead I will remain

12-18-05

carol
wizard2c

:|

This is actually based on a crystal globe held in place by a calipher on a stand. Being made of crystal it is multi-faceted and I have it on my desk where it reflects light from a window behind it. Received it yesterday from my mentor.

As I gaze at it....the color changes bring me to a certain facet or window of the globe which I reflect upon.....yet not as much color as my crystal pyramid prism..but interesting nonetheless.

Well.....what can one expect from a wizard???? :)

carol
wizard2c

great writing wizard2c :up:

it's a bit later than midnight right now as I'm reading your writing.
usually around this time I tend to have a hard time sleeping, etc. etc. I have some insomnia issues.. :|

but your writing puts me into this contemplative mood where I'm kind of glad I can't sleep soundly tonight. it provokes many thoughts in me that makes me want to continue thinking those thoughts and try to untangle myself from my own web of confusion.

color prisms and crystal globes are so neat :yes:
a relative gave me this small clear prism like object a few years ago, and whenever I look at it and put it up to a light, I get so amused by it and am flooded by inspiration at times :)

Thank you, youtooellen. Crystals are quite unique. In fact, I have a ring which has a large red faceted crystal... when you take it off and hold it up to the light the crystal changes from red through various shades of purple....quite lovely. It's gold setting has four points....each representing the 4 directions of the world. The crystal itself is diamond-shaped.

I have trouble sleeping as well.......so don't feel alone. I dream quite often...normally places I have not been with people I have not met....they remind me of those windows of time of which I write. Sometimes in my dream I'm actually looking through a window at a scene or scenario. I also keep a dream journal.

I appreciate your input very much.

carol
wizard2c

no poverty, no famine, no war, no strife...

The only real imperfection is to truly seek perfection.

crystals sparkle, but if everything else did, would they not be so valued?

I think that is a nice piece of writting, but it's too lopsided for me. But a lot of things are, so don't take that personally or anything.

However, I agree with ellen, in that, in regards to the contemplative aspect of it, it's really good. You can get lost, as if, perhaps, gazing into a crystal, when thinking about those words.

very nice

Let's see....another definition of crystal per the dictionary: a crystalline material used in electronics as a frequency-determining element or for rectification.

No.....you can't compare crystals to diamonds....I have a 1.07 carat diamond which I don't wear....but it's nothing compared to my crystal ring in quality.......the crystal is less expensive but the beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

carol
wizard2c

Back
Top Bottom