My black & white art: black ink pen and paper...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

youtooellen

New Yorker
Eye Candy
eyecandyps.jpg

Aborting Nature
abortingnature.jpg

I scanned a bunch of my art in last night so hopefully I can put some more up.

For now though, I gotta get back to my studying. :wink:

Oh, interference, how you distract me from my studies. :|

This is called 'Gearing Up For The Melting Pot'. I'm still messing around with the title. Hah.

gearsofameltingpot.jpg

Thank you all for your feedback! :)
Means a lot.

I really like them all! How long do they tend to take you? Are we talking about A4 in scale?

I actually don't know much about art. :reject: I do know that I love doodling and drawing on my spare time. None of these are measured by the way, which explains the straight lines being a bit wavy. :| These were done with the use of my hand, brain, paper, and pen. The two material things that I used consistently were some ordinary drawing sketch paper and a bunch of Pilot Precise V5 pens. That sounded snazzy, but it's just a name-brand pen to take my school notes with. :up:

Each of them took me about a week to a month long. I think somewhere in the pictures alongside my sig I put the date I completed each piece. Dunno if that helps much, but yeah. Thanks again. :)

Here are a couple more: :)

Industrial Revolution
industrialrevolution.jpg

I Am Born Again
iambornagain.jpg

^ I thought it looked a bit bland, despite all my hard work trying to isolate each branch, in a way, until one of my friends said that I could turn the image upside down and it looked like it had a completely different "meaning" behind it.

So, I guess to put it out there, you can turn the image upside down and see whatever you see. Haha. :wink:

Love the Industrial Revolution drawing. It seems like the top left is the old village system with producing only as much as needed, then with the use of the waterways and ports, transport was born and factories grew and it became a production machine. I had a teacher who was passionate about the industrial revolution teach me to love it also. I took Josiah Wedgwood for granted until she showed me the light.

Hope this is not way off track, but this is what I see in your drawing and why I am so taken with it.
:)

^ thank you so much. it means a lot that you find some underlying meaning with my art!

similar to your thoughts, i was aiming for the separation and the difference between natural lifestyle and then industrialization. i purposely tried to dome off the urban view to show that we've become narrow-minded due to our lifestyle with technology, buildings, etcetera.

shucks, i really thank you for sharing your interpretation. :happy:

Back
Top Bottom