Musicians, come hither!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooropamanda

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
DOLers have been sharing their music of late, people like Acro and basstrap have shown us some of their wonderful work and I'd love to hear more.
Popsicle, is that album ready yet??!!

If you have music, and want to share, please don't hesitiate guys. I know I love hearing your work!! :)

They're not my own compositions, but I'm proud of them anyway :D. A few mp3s from my college solo piano recitals:

Go here and then click on the mp3 links to listen (it's a geocities site, so direct linking to the mp3s won't work). I wish I could put some bigger files up there. My favorite performance is of a big Liszt piece (Vall?e d'Obermann for the classical music buffs), but it weighs in at nearly 12MB just at 128kbps, and I've got it encoded at 256kbps - the piece is about 13 minutes long! :eek:

(the site may be doing the annoying exceeded data transfer thing for now...check back later if it is)

Last edited:
zooropamanda said:
DOLers have been sharing their music of late, people like Acro and basstrap have shown us some of their wonderful work and I'd love to hear more.
Popsicle, is that album ready yet??!!

Thought I'd just drop in and say hello!

Funny you should ask, yeah, I've been putting in 12 hour days on the damn thing the last few weeks. Gotta love summer break!

Let's see here. Track list is done (phew)! Listening to, as I write, the preliminary mix. Got to do some adjustments on a few tracks, work a couple of kinks out. Web site is designed, just need to upload the final version once the album is done and ready to be released. The current site is just a temporary version, but if you really want you can check it out at: http://home.earthlink.net/~nswogger/mainpage.html Working on the cover art today. Hopefully will be done in the next couple of days.

If, and I say IF, I was a betting man, I would say it will be released in two weeks at the latest. I had hoped to release it today but I just couldn't get it done in time.

I'll be sure to post when it's done. Thanks for asking :)

Ok, this is one I wrote this morning I got REALLY drunk last night and I woke up not feeling the best...and I was SOOO sad for some reason...stupid women! ;)

Anyway, I wrote it in a half-hour so its a bit sketchy.
AND my voice is low and crackly because
a)I was crying a little bit and it was hard to keep it back
b)I had a huge hangover!!
:(

Look at the lyrics...guess why I was so sad ;)

Dream No More

I've had enough of dreams, with you lying in my arms
There comes a time in life when you just can't cry anymore
There comes a time when you just lie down to sleep

And dream no more
And dream no more
of you

The cutest face, the softest hair, a dangerous smile
The warmest voice, I tell you - the angels envy her
But there comes a time, I know I must accept my lot

"Run to me", she said
"Hold me", she said
"Kiss me, never let me leave"
She said as dreams swam inside my head

There comes a time when we know some dreams must go
But I'm holding on, you see
I never could let go

Attachments

• dream no more layer-3.wav
    820 KB
Kiss the Fire
Ragged man breaths desperation
On the steps of a corporation
Hopeless tears hug his weathered face
Swan song of a stubborn grace

To find the sun you sometimes have to kiss the fire
Run through hell just to try and get higher
look past the thieves
look past the crooks

Threw a rock and the moutain shook
beautiful lady the world mistook
See the bastards grip their ivory thrones
Atop a hill of sunbleached

Newborn child gets a lease on life
Strongest spirit for the hardest stife
Beauty's deep, not touched by cold
All are touched who sees her light unfold

Again, sorry for my voice.
I hate listening to it!!! cracking and going off.
Oh well, I'd have to be one of those people appreciate for other aspects of the song-writing. ;)

Attachments

• kiss the fire layer-3.wav
    525.5 KB
Again, sorry for my voice.
I hate listening to it!!! cracking and going off.
Oh well, I'd have to be one of those people appreciate for other aspects of the song-writing. ;) [/B]

:eyebrow:

Its one thing to be humble but its another to constantly beat up on yourself!!! You have a great voice, Bass! Keep up the great work!

popkidu2 said:

Hey Yarof!

Bass, is there some reason why every time I time I try and download your songs it tells me that it is a corrupted sound file?

hmmm...interesting.
I can't think of why that would be.
Does everybody get this message?

Does it count if u just have poems that u want to turn into songs? I have a lot of poems that I could share but there arent songs, I really wish I could have a band to make them into songs.

adamswildhoney said:
Does it count if u just have poems that u want to turn into songs? I have a lot of poems that I could share but there arent songs, I really wish I could have a band to make them into songs.

sure, thats what this forum is for.
I suggest making a seperate thread for your poems. Thats what most people do, and more people will read them that way!!
go for it!

I don't even know what a wav file is....And I can't download any of those.....OR turn them into mp3's.....:sad:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom