"mourning"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BabyGrace

Refugee
wake up little child
it's not your time to sleep
I'm colder than stone today
little warmth remains
after so long a night
I am just a stupid little girl
wishing I could lend my dawn
to your skies
find daybreak in the
depths of your imagination
crawl out of the pit
as the first rays
render your broken spine golden
like an artist's brush
I wish I could paint these ashes
back into life
~*~*~*~*~*~

wishing I could lend my dawn
to your skies
--
I wish I could paint these ashes
back into life

I really don't know what to say anymore, except thank you, thank you for sharing your poems with us

--------
you held the rain and for the first time
heaven seemed insane cause heaven is to blame for taking you away

-Billy Corgan

thanks guys

Wanderer, I love that signature. I'm not a Pumpkins fan simply because I've never really been exposed to them. I think I might look into it...

and thank you for sharing your poems with us...their content is always an inspiration to me

well, it means a lot for you to say that, and I can't think of any people I would rather share my poems with than my friends at the Poet's Corner
smile.gif

as for the Pumpkins, they are my 2nd favourite band (you wouldn't have ever heard of the first
rolleyes.gif
), anyway, Corgan pens some amazing and beautiful lyrics, many people have a misguided perception of the Pumpkins, they are not really that heavy (as in heavy metal), thought they have a few songs that are, but they have just as many songs with piano and acoustic guitar interspersed, they really offer a nice mix... a lot of people can't get past Corgan's voice, but I love it, because he pours out his heart in every breath, and if you put that together with what I feel are the best lyrics of anyone except Bono, you have some great songs...

that particular signature is from a song on Adore, which is an album written during a time when Corgan's mother had just died, and he was going through a divorce, anyway, enough rambling about my 2nd favourite band (I don't get to talk much about them like U2, so you shouldn't get me started)
smile.gif

Originally posted by The Wanderer:

that particular signature is from a song on Adore, which is an album written during a time when Corgan's mother had just died, and he was going through a divorce, anyway, enough rambling about my 2nd favourite band (I don't get to talk much about them like U2, so you shouldn't get me started)
smile.gif

The only Pumpkins album I own is Adore. I think maybe that's because it's unlike their other albums! I've also listened to Mellon Collie and liked some songs, hated others. Adore is beautiful though sometimes Corgan's voice is hard for me to take. I guess Perfect is my favourite song but there are many others--Annie-Dog is incredible...It's one of those albums I pretty much have to listen to beginning to end.

BabyGrace, your poem is extremely good
smile.gif

scatteroflight, I agree about Perfect and Annie Dog, and I think Blank Page, To Sheila, Behold! The Nightmare, Crestfallen and Once Upon a Time are some of the most beautiful (and at times agonizing) songs ever written, and they are all structured around acoustic guitar and/or piano
smile.gif

it's ok...you can babble about them if you want because I am definitely curious
biggrin.gif

I had a grade-school friend who was a huge Pumpkins fan...she moved on to "heavier" stuff and we kind of drifted apart although we are still friends sort of
anyway, she never forced me to listen to their stuff, otherwise I might be a fan now.
Corgan's voice certainly doesn't bother me...and I like a few of their songs that I've heard...
obviously it didn't click like U2 did, though
biggrin.gif

I love this band so much
smile.gif

------------------
Everyone argues, then we do what I say.
-Bono

The Pumpkins are a band I'm sort of on the cusp of really getting into (ironic that I have to wait until they break up to do this). I own Adore, Machina, and Pices Iscariot. I love everything they've done, especially Adore. This album is one of my top ten.

I keep saying I'll buy the rest of their stuff, but then I never do. Well, Wanderer, I think I just might. Meloncholie is my next purchase, if only because it's an album that I've heard and love what I've heard so far....

Back
Top Bottom