Misson to Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TaraJen

Babyface
I recently lost my good friend Javier to a wreck caused by a drunk driver.
Javier was all about all things U2. He was pulling U2 MP3s off the web before MP3s were cool. He was constantly carrying his guitar with him and breaking out with ?One?, no matter where he happened to be. We were anticipating the new album from the moment we had heard the rumors. Javier was the one who told us where to stand at the Houston POP show so that we could be right on the isle when the band walked through the crowd to the stage. Being 5 ft from U2 with Javier smiling ear-to-ear was fantastic! We dubbed our quest to meet the band, "Mission to Bono?. We tried, unsuccessfully, to make it back stage that night and so for the new album we were determined to make the show and meet the band. Before Javier died, we talked about the new album, each asking if the other had heard anything. No new album news at that time, but we had a friendly chat. 2 days later, he was gone. Until then, I?d never lost anyone close to me before and it has been really hard. I keep thinking that I?ll wake up from this bad dream and he?ll be there, smiling that smile. Achtung is my favorite album, but I?ve been listening to Joshua Tree more lately. It was Javier?s favorite album and every time I listen to it, I can hear him singing along. I've recruited a few friends and we are determined to meet the band so that we can share our Javier stories with them. I especially want to THANK them for giving us wonderful music that has provided me with a way to continually remember my friend.

------------------
"And every day after that, every time I heard One, I saw his face."

tara, thanks for posting your story.
your friend sounded like a wonderful U2 fan and things like 'Mission to Bono' are amazing memories that make up a person.

I know what its doing to you. I just had the same thing happen to me.

I see it like this...

Javier is walking along some corridor belting out Streets and my loved one is hearing him and laughing at all the times he heard me do the same thing.
They will both be with us at the next gig, I know it.

ZA -
They will be with us
smile.gif
Always. Feel free to email me if you want to chat. Take care!
TJ

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
Javier is walking along some corridor belting out Streets and my loved one is hearing him and laughing at all the times he heard me do the same thing.
They will both be with us at the next gig, I know it.

Hey TaraJen,
This may sound like a dumb thing, but I've often had that thought. What if a die hard U2 fan such as myself passed on before getting to hear the new album. The thought made me cringe. I'm sorry to hear about your loss, but ZA is right. Javier will be right there with us at the next gig. In fact, he's probably getting the inside scoop on the boys right now from Bono and Larry's mothers.
I'm crossing my fingers for you on your mission.

Heya Fly -

It's not a dumb thing at all. And I have to say that you're probably right - Javier, as outgoing as he is, is no doubt sitting with The Mom's, talking like they are old friends.
smile.gif
And Lord knows he's probably playing them every song he knows on his guitar and then some.

I'm having a picture of Javier made into stickers and we are each planning to wear one at the show.

Keep those fingers crossed!!
smile.gif

Take care -

TaraJen

------------------

That sticker idea is very cool.
I know you said you've been listening to the Joshua Tree a lot lately, so you probably have already discovered this, but try listening closely to One Tree Hill. It's an absolutely beautiful prayer to a lost friend.

I just read your story
I'm sorry for your loss
your friend will be there
and when "One" comes on
he'll be right on the front row
with his guitar singing louder
than anybody in the stadium
smile.gif

I wanted to ask ya'all a question.
it's kind of a dumb question but
do you ever wonder if Bono and
Larry's Moms are there at their
concerts?

I also think that the law should do something more about drunk driving. My brother's friend was also killed by a drunk driver a few years ago.

------------------
I LOVE BONO
:)U2GIRL:)

Tara Jen, that is a touching story. I can tell you from experience that you can meet a member of the band and it is not that difficult. It just requires alot of patience. When they come for the next tour wait outside the arena where they arrive. Most of the time Bono or Edge get out of the car and sign and speak with the fans briefly. Don't chase them down or get carried away or they wont get out or they wont stick around. Let them come to you and remain calm. You can do the same thing after the show but I would only do this if you know they are staying in town overnight. If they don't stay in town they leave the arena immediately and go to their plane. Get there around noon before the show and stay to about 3am after the show and odds are you will meet at least one of them. You can also try their hotel and be patient and wait there also. I have met Bono and/or Edge 5 times doing this. Just trying to help. I would love for you to share your story with Bono. I know he would listen and would be moved.

Blue -
Thank you so much for the pointers and words of encouragement. I _really_ appreciate them. I'll be sure to stock up on the patience
smile.gif

Take care!
TaraJen

------------------

I really do not know what to say.
Why am I writing? I just could not turn your page away. I had to say something.
You see, about a month ago,I lost my brother
so I think I know where you are coming from. But they will never leave us. You just have to think that they are in a mush better place than us. It is crazy to say but I envy my brother sometimes. I am not an ingrate. I am happy all that GOD gave me but when I see hatered and violence in the eyes of humanity I wished I never existed.
I honestly hope that you get your request.
Even if you don't, always keep on trying in the name of Javier.
In our culture when someone dies we never pass by the friends and family without saying
Patients and Faith...so here is to you Have lots of PATIENTS AND FAITH in GOD.
I pray that all your greatest wishes may come
true.
BYE

Back
Top Bottom