lollipops & crisps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the tourist

Blue Crack Addict
Your haunted and haunting eyes are so faded through, the haze of the alcohol and various unseen pills. Rings of eyeliner drip down your face giving you the illusion of tears, and the mysterious way your lips are hung from your mouth speaks volumes. Wandering pisses float on by you, the world spinning and everything dancing slow and out of control and on a collision course with velvet and supernova and stars. No one takes notice of you except me, but you're to far gone to know. And so you drift along the shoreline forever, the waves crashing everso gently into the lower half of your sopping-wet jeans to find you stumbling over your purple toenails. And the sand washes up in between your toes and the slight breeze of the sea pushes around your raggedly beautiful hair.

And I follow you down past the bend and the lighthouse. Just to watch you. And to wonder how you can live with yourself. And the sky burns the only fire that could ever see red fade so blended into blue, the tiny sparkling stars (so distant!) shimmering. And I know I could feel so happy. If you just turned around. Your drunken saunter finally saw you hit the sand, face first. And who was there to pick up the broken pieces? To clean you up and see you safe and out of harm's way? And will you remember me when you wake up in the morning? I know you won't. But I love you so much I don't even care. I'm not out to prove I love you. I'm only out to love you. And I hope someday you will see me. And maybe I can do for you what the pills and alcohol do for you, dear. Maybe I can take all of your pain away, too.

ZeroDude said:
Your on a role of great literature, keep up the good work:wink:

Thank you kindly! I finally decided, after much debate, to post my dabblings in writing on dream outloud. I wasn't sure for the longest time whether or not I should. And I have no idea why.

You've nothing to lose doing it, you can just get more opinions and a bigger audience for your works

Back
Top Bottom