Lets write a song ... lol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DignityPassesBy

Refugee
this probably wont work but i'm really tired at the moment and really really bored so i've decided that we should all write a song.
How it will work is everyone that wants to be involved will write one verse and we will all agree on a chorus of some description.

Sounds cool.I am still trying to discovery my hidden talent..So shall we give it a GO??:p

There's always editing....... not that I know anything about songs...

WHERE'S ZERODUDE!!!!!!!! - you know about songs!
:| :wink:

We should come up with a theme, or mood, or.... subject, or something, right??

Being happy

Eating good food - pizza (I'm hungry.... :( )

A beatiful day

A beautiful lady :wink:

Ummmm................................

One of the various forms of injustice around the world - the war on terror, something.

Autumn, or another season.
Um...

I have a really bad idea, but... I'll save that for if things look down

For Honor said:
There's always editing....... not that I know anything about songs...

WHERE'S ZERODUDE!!!!!!!! - you know about songs!
:| :wink:

We should come up with a theme, or mood, or.... subject, or something, right??

I'm here:wink:

First of all to write a song, we need a chord progression that fits the mood we're aiming for, secondly we then need to write the lyrics an obvious step indeed,

I'll leave most of the decision making to our dear thread starter lyrics wise, but if needs be I'll intervene:wink:

Good on Numb1075:giggle: Perhaps the song could be about us the fans of U2/Rock music and how a certain song can move your heart body and soul:shrug: Ok, I am not very good at comming up with ideas.:|

Last edited:
I have about 700 hundred different sets of lyrics that i never bothered doing anything with. It's a shame.:shrug:

Numb1075 said:
I have about 700 hundred different sets of lyrics that i never bothered doing anything with. It's a shame.:shrug:

You should do something with them, even though I often discard whole songs I've wrote because I've been displeased with them:wink:

Maybe, hmm.... we could sort of mix our favorite U2 lyrics into our own song?

Like, kind of patch different ideas togeter into something, and see how it flows?

They don't have to be exact, nor do they all have to be direct U2 quotes. Lot's of flexibility

Just a thought

ZeroDude said:

I'm here:wink:

First of all to write a song, we need a chord progression that fits the mood we're aiming for, secondly we then need to write the lyrics an obvious step indeed,

I'll leave most of the decision making to our dear thread starter lyrics wise, but if needs be I'll intervene:wink:

I write different to you, i write lyrics than the chords i dont know why its just how i do it. I'm not making all the decisions i want everybody to go off and do their own verse then come back and post it and everyone can write a chorus and we'll ALL decide which is best

DignityPassesBy said:

I write different to you, i write lyrics than the chords i dont know why its just how i do it. I'm not making all the decisions i want everybody to go off and do their own verse then come back and post it and everyone can write a chorus and we'll ALL decide which is best

Sounds fine, but don't worry if I become too invloved so to speak:wink:

a chorus I wrote probably 10-12 years ago:

I'm dancing between the red horns and the dove
the snakes of greed and the wings of love

at some point, i'll bring some into work (because that's where i do 99.9% of my interference surfing), and i'll post some and we can collectively make a song.:wink:

Cool!!! I like that idea and For Honor was on to something too! I think we should be able to come up with a kick ass song that even Bono would ber proud of:wink:

Can’t you feel this?
I am freezing
Can’t you see through the confusion?
That I can’t stand the silence between us
I’m on my knees
I can’t go any lower
I’m caught on you
And I’m tearing into pieces

i wrote that the other night, tell me what you think and feel free to say anything you find wrong with it, i wont get any better otherwise

^
Thats pretty alright................

Give me a minute,
A piece of your mind,
With shadows, clocks,
A fragment of time,
Spent freely on misfits,
Wasted on the wind,
Spilling over in sermons,
Justifying our sins,
You know what I did,
With hands bound fast,
Torn from the rope,
Bled to the last,
Drop of our youthful, naive petty ways,
God didn't say love was meant to be this way,

Ok, I just made this at the time of posting, it's not great but it's a start:wink:

Last edited:
Numb1075 said:
a chorus I wrote probably 10-12 years ago:

I'm dancing between the red horns and the dove
the snakes of greed and the wings of love

Hey, not bad at all!:wink: How much do you want for the rights? (Kinda fits with my angelordevil (tm) oeuvre.)

:wink:

^
lol. This is turning into a song about religion. I like those lyrics though
lol i'm trying to come up with a chord progression for this but i dont know where its going because we;ve only got the 2 sets of lyrics and noones decided on a theme for it ...

You say you want me, I'm in your head all the time
When I look inside, it's you that I find.
Dropping drips of honey, .......

...... ah...........

maybe I'll finish this another time. My apologies.......... :|

I´ll give you a chorus:

I LOVE YOU

FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER OOOOOH

IF YO LOVE ME TOO

WE´LL STAY TOGETHER FOREVER TOGETHER

Yo, this is hiphop, a true Leiber & Stoller fan :wank: ehh. wink:

Back
Top Bottom