kings among runaways

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
this was directly inspired by the song 'on the bus mall' by the decemberists. it will maybe make more sense if you read the lyrics

The sky: its majestic blue and spires of clouds - wiped out by the pissing rain.
Pouring over us and everything, leaving barely a space to form words or compute thoughts.
Spatial relations, divisions
between objects lost their meaning in the solid wash of water.
Her scuffed flannel shirt was battered into a sodden, dissolving sponge, as if each thread sought some place to crawl away to but found none.

Not ten feet to her left, the awning claimed to offer a shelter. She shied toward it on alternating minutes, but I held her away:
my hand and its rain clamped fast upon her hand and the same rain.

My eyes desparately sought hers, but the sheet of waters separated us like television static. The dull reflecting of it sent images of the past to both of us.
She saw the pain, the interminability, failures and dastards.
I saw small fragments of our precarious existence, tied together by a tenuous cord that was always the same:
She.
My only companion through the storm.
She saw an end.
I saw my own hope, and the absolute necessity.

I stood long, every muscle and joint tensing, hoping that through the curtain between us, she could see how my eyes implored.
I vowed then never to let go,
and in a way I haven’t.

Welcome, Skeek...glad you stopped by with your writing. As you can see, DOL has been quiet lately...I believe it may be a time differential which is causing the absence of postings...

Do you intend these words to be lyrics to a song, perhaps?

carol
wizard2c
:|

Back
Top Bottom