interstate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
interstate

I drive with the windows half down to remind myself I'm alive. The first time I explained that to my mother, passenger, shivering next to me, she wrinkled her face and asked if I was lonely. So now I drive with only my window half down. No need to make anyone suffer.

The radio sputters as I go over dying roads. Signals cross where traffic converges and I swiftly slam on the dashboard for clarity. My bubble gum pops as the radio readily agrees.

The air shapes my arm, out the window and shoved back from the force of resistance. Bracelets grip my wrist and rings choke my fingers. One by one I rip them off, throwing them in relief to the dirt. My skin breaths wildly like a baby's first silencing yawn.

Brake lights ahead snap open like dragon eyes. Time to slow. The sun is simple, making its bed without waiting for me. Thoughts of what's for dinner, what you are wearing, urge me on. I switch lanes and wonder if change is the only constant, am I moving or is it?

BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARE of a truck that whizzes by with discontent, its wheels spitting dirt like an angry tongue. Ah, had I grown complacent? Better to avoid it than be its victim. The exit grows ahead and I wonder about passing.
My dog would be miserable; I like the way she jumps out when I enter.

Here my car could drive itself. Time..for another day, threatens and consoles. My mind wanders but avoids as well the roads I could have been on. Who knows why the sun sets in the west. Who knows. I roll up the window, and go in doors.

This has the feel of a journal entry. It felt like a moment out of a persons life. Does that make sense? I don't know. It is just the first thing I thought of.

The sun is simple, making its bed without waiting for me
this part reminds me of a Sound Of Music song. you know which one i have in mind, right.

I roll up the window, and go in doors.
Now this part has me thinking that there's a twist in the prose, and that the 'driver' didn't drive at all! lol he just sat there in the car imagining everything.

foray

Thanks for the replies!

ghetofabu said:
This has the feel of a journal entry. It felt like a moment out of a persons life. Does that make sense? I don't know. It is just the first thing I thought of.

Yup, def. makes sense. I thought about this- man it must have been a year ago now, when i had this loooong awful commute every day. The other day the opening line came to me and then I just incorporated the two ideas.

Foray- Sound of Music song.. :huh: the "my favorite things" song? I haven't seen that movie in forever.

Now this part has me thinking that there's a twist in the prose, and that the 'driver' didn't drive at all! lol he just sat there in the car imagining everything.
:shocked: I love that!! why didn't I think of this?! damn, that makes it much cooler IMO.

Thanks April :D

Back
Top Bottom