I don't know what to say

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Wanderer

Kid A
"others"

it didn't occur to me, it didn't stir in me
I didn't think
I never think
maybe,
I would never see you again

but no that's not true
it just started again
and it won't be over that quick

and I just saw you
you looked like you -- like someone else
your face of dour piety...
I was never your favorite -- a heavy stone in your arms
you could never pick me up
now I can't even say that I love you
I don't even know you, yet I do
because you are of God
and men, and things that built me
I am of you and your shadows
and I lurk and dwell

and I am so much like your brother
whatever, it doesn't matter
but I here I am
afraid -- to be around
and watch you die

the last time
it wasn't real
how fast the sun set
and we watched as it
ate your flesh
as lightning through oak

I watched you go,
because you know God won't wait
and you hid your face among the crowd of stars

but I didn't know
that there would be others

I'm sorry for posting this, I don't even feel right about it, I don't know where else to even bring this up, it's not something I will ever know how to deal with, and my aunt has started chemotherapy for breast cancer since I last saw her, and i will see her next weekend, and I don't know what to say, I don't know how to act, I don't know how to even begin dealing with the reality that I might not ever see her again after this weekend, or maybe I will but it won't be her anymore, I know how these things work, I'm sorry for bringing up bad memories for people who have experienced this in their own lives, I guess there's nothing to say or be said, no clever words or wisdom, I know, I will just have to deal with it

and I guess this is how life works, as you get older you get to watch those around you die

Very touching poem.

It's always very difficult when a loved one is sick.
I felt the same way when my godfather was sick.

:(

Just be yourself Craig, it's all you can do. it's stupid to say this, but she is still the same, she will just obviously need a ton of support. I am so sorry, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

thank you all very much, sorry again for bringing up something like this, sometimes my better judgment goes astray at 4 in the morning, but when I opened this up today it felt nice to see your kind words and thoughts

thank you, you're all such great people, it's all very humbling and such is life

thanks again

*hug* I hope everything will be okay.
I lost my aunt ... 4 years ago now, although she was 83, so it's not the same at all and I don't know why I mentioned it...
You know you're not alone.

Back
Top Bottom