How Does It Feel To Be A U2 Fan???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
no, I never did, but I know they were talking about it on "Music on the Interenet"

So you think I should get it?

==============

When you are talking in speech, and especially in interference...........

You use a phrase from a U2 song, like "with or without you", or "talk like this and act like that", or " new year's day", anything

And you hesitate to say it, because you associate the meaning so much with the meaning in the song, even though you are using the words in a different way

does that make any sense?

:wink: Totally!!!! That's very good...I totally understand your points...

By the way, you should download that song, I download it and I can't stop to listen to it!!!! It's really good, give me some replies about it...

Yeah, actually, I just did "Two shots of happy, one shot of sad"

==========

You know what is really strange? The one thing that really stands out from the song is this -

"Yes I've been greedy, all of my life. Greedy with my children, my lovers, my wife"

It made me smile, a little bit.... "my wife"
I don't know why, but to me..... it was like, even though he was singing a song like that, he still had one wife, and it was "wife" and not "wives"

everything else is plural, more than one, but he always had one wife, and I just thought that was cool. Or at least my far out interpretation, lol.

Interesting song.

Interesting to hear Bono do a jazz song

I understand, the jazz thing+Bono slow voice...gets me :drool:

That song is amazing, it was written by Frank Sinatra, a man who loved womens and sang jazz!!! He made a lot of beautiful song and Bono, well U2, as REALLY made a good second-version of the song! Bono also as sang with Frank when he was alive back in the early 90's: I've got you under my skin! They'd made a duet!
Though, I've never came across the song, I've never heard it!:(

So please, if one day you hear it or anything, could you download it for me? I would really appreciate it!!!!

Thanks!!!
See ya

u2_sarajevo@yahoo.ca

Uhh, U2 didn't cover Two Shots of Happy. It was written by Bono & Edge FOR Frank Sinatra. Bono often attempted to get Frank to record it, but he never did. Bono & Edge premiered the song when they played it at Sinatra's 80th birthday celebration. After Frank died, his daughter Nancy (singer of These Boots Are Made For Walkin') became a big fan of the song and covered it on her album which came out last year.

Also, Frank Sinatra didn't write any of his own songs, although he did brilliant versions of many standards, and often commissioned songs from great songwriters. I've Got You Under My Skin, I Get a Kick Out of You, and Night and Day (also covered by U2) were all written by Cole Porter.

:huh: Oh...Sorry for the little mistakes!!! I knew basically about the story of Frank Sinatra and these songs...oups...my mistake!!!

I'm glad to now know the exactly truth!!!:wink:

Wait, are you looking for the U2 (bono and edge) version of

"Two shots of happy and one shot of sad" ?

I have that myself. That is so strange.... I thought you were talking about another song... I wonder why. But yes, I have two shots of happy, one shot of sad, if that's what you're looking for.

I'm sorry, I thought you were talking about something else, though I don't know why. I came back to check what song you wanted, and, well, I was surprised.

But if you want that song, I'll send it to you.

////

and also, I love U2's version of Night and Day. The original, Twilight, All world, and the steel string remix. I have got all of those, and I absolutly cherrish that song, so I'd be happy to share, if anyone wants.

:huh: :huh: :huh:

Made a thread for you in "Music on the internet"

cathou_u2 said:
I've got you under my skin! They'd made a duet!

:huh: :huh: :huh:

Whoops, wow, I'm a little out of it... but I'll look for it. :huh:

edit - and you can request for all sorts of things there. People are pretty generous, so, I'm sure something will turn up

Last edited:
I've made a thread here.

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=2862576#post2862576

But I didn't want to post your email there unless you wanted it done. I know some people are more concerned about privacy than others, but, I guess you can handle it yourself.

I'm sure someone will turn up with it soon.

edit - and you can request for all sorts of things there. People are pretty generous, so, I'm sure something will turn up

Last edited:
http://s11.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=32QIU168Q85J30NORR8QEFCEC5

there you go!

Enjoy, and thanks, to browneyedboy

(make sure you copy and paste the link, but delete the space between "you" and "send". For some reason, it is bad if you directly link to sites like that in Intereference here, but doing it that way is better. I don't know a lot about it, but I picked it up somewhere in that forum. But I'm sure you'll learn more about it, if you want, by checking out the "Music on the Internet" forum")

Good luck

Last edited:
I also emailed it to you, Cathou_u2, so you should get the link no matter what now...

guess I shoulda done that in the first place :huh:

lol...it's ok!!! I don't mind, that you didn't do it in the first place...you could also had put my email in that link of yours!!!!:wink:

Thanks...it's really good !!! Love Bono with Sianatra...his voice is so...like if he've been all his life a jazz singer!!! Sounds GOOD!!!:drool:

If you have any other great download of songs...put me on your list...I don't mind!!!!!

THANKS!!!
Write to me if you need any help!!!:wink:

Coz...I've got you way under my skin!!! lol

u2_sarajevo@yahoo.ca

WOW - - - I can't stop listening to that song!

Really...........

I just listen to it over and over again...
I can relate so well to the song, and it is such...... such a swingin' song.......

:rockon:

amazing song.

Maybe I should get more into Mr. Sinatra's music........ :hmm:

Last edited:
:wink: I'm exactly feeling the same way as you!!!!
Me too I just get over that song...it's still stuck on "replay" button!!!:wink:

I also wonder what's left in that sutcase of Sinatra's songs!!!!!!!
If it's something like that...I bet I'll love it!:drool:

cathou_u2 said:
:wink: I'm exactly feeling the same way as you!!!!
Me too I just get over that song...it's still stuck on "replay" button!!!:wink:

I also wonder what's left in that sutcase of Sinatra's songs!!!!!!!
If it's something like that...I bet I'll love it!:drool:

Oups...mistake...Me too I CAN'T get over that song...stuck on button thingy...lol:wink:

I listen to it everymorning when I get up, after I get up, I sort of clean up some things and sing along while doing it.

It is a great routine :yes:

:drool: I listen to it while I'm in bed, about to get to sleep...that sweet voice, charming voice of Bono, like in If You Wear That Velvet Dress...it gets me drolling at first and after that...I sleep much better, with sweet dream, upon that gorgeous irish man!!!:wink:

I also listen to it before going to school, it puts a bright smile upon my face!!! I just cannot go to boring school without listening to it or any other song of U2, it's my salvation, I kinka have to get drunk of them, U2, before leaving therefor, it will last all day!!!! And I'll manage to survive at that math course or whatever else!!! Coz, sometimes during course a lyric pop in my head...mostly that song pops in...and I'm off to dream land, lol!!! :drool:

:wink: That last post gave me another idea for How foes it feel to be a U2 Fan...coz at the beginning it was the topic...;)

It would be something like...

No.19: Sometimes when you're really bored, at school ( for example math course:giggle:) or just in a conversation, etc... You'll often, in this moment, get off to "dream land" or just...U2 LAND!!! Unfortunately, you're so faraway, with Bono kissing or Larry...:wink: That you don't really realise that someone is talking to you...so you're like :huh: ! And when they do ask you where were you, you're like, nothing...without resisting a small giggle...that they don't understand!!!

By the way, I'm off a lot of times to U2 Land or Bono Land without forgetting Larry Land!!!:drool: **run out in shame!!!**

Do you??? Get off to U2 Land???:huh:

I have a very high fence around me. It is very strong - even when I'm alone. U2 is the only thing that get's through - and makes me feel.

Well, I don't think about the band members. But I guess if I were a huge fan, and a girl, I would. Sorta, I guess....?

I don't fantasize about women much.....
I've had enough imagining for a long time :|

Nothing quite like the real thing, so to say....

I guess that applies to U2, too.

:huh: I'm kinda stupid For Honor...I guess sometimes I just figure that every fan of U2 are GIRLS...coz of Bono or Larry...:rolleyes: :lmao:!!! I'm now laughing at my own stupidity!!!
I promise I won't forget it: Boys also love U2...but for different reason....:huh:

Sorry mate, I hope you're now guessing that I'm a girl, and an absolute bonolover...

See ya!!!:wink:

"Boys also love U2...but for different reason...."...but in the end it's all about THE MUSIC!!! I'm often blown away by Bono's activism for Africa, blablabla...but in the end, what really got me at the begining and still now...into the heart:wink: is their music, lyrics+beat mixing together to form The Sweetest Thing!!!!

See ya:bono:

Back
Top Bottom