How come you aren't afraid of plagiarism??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My paranoid mind foresees things like people taking one's poems, submitting them to online poetry contests and getting credit for something that you've done. Or, they could use it for a literature assignment. Or they could post it on their homepage, and claim it as their own.

foray

I thought that too, foray at first but yeah..

I dont think anyone would honestly be that interested in mine.

Why you ask? Planning on stealing some? hehehe

That was a joke
smile.gif

if you're really scared you could ensure copyright by sending a hardcopy to yourself to get it postmarked and ask a lawyer to act as witness (sign even) and put it in a safe

in a legal dispute you'd have evidence
that's one of the simplest ways

Oh, yeah, Bono if you're in of lyrics
biggrin.gif

mmm... good question foray.... but I guess anyone could do that, even my friends...

so I guess that's why... I mean, I like to have opinions on my texts, and if people feel I should change some stuff they're welcome... people who wqant's to use the same lines, then I can't do anything... but really , those people knows it's not from their heart..

cheers

------------------
Support Amnesty International - Greenpeace - Jubilee 2000 - WarChild -
-----
"Let's be realistic : Let's build the impossible" (Che Guevara)

"Dream out loud" (Bono)

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one" (John Lennon)

"Pis si ? moins y'en avait moins de pauvres cr?tins pr?ts ? mourir pour la Patrie, Kalishnikov et compagnie pour faire rouler l'?conomie" (D?d? Fortin.. salut mec)

you know, i haven't ever thought about it until you mentioned it. and even now, after thinking about it, i don't really care. This is one of the few places where you can share poetry and have other fans of poetry enjoy it, critique it, or whatever.

If someone likes my poetry enough to claim it for their own, fine, thats cool with me. But i seriously doubt that will ever happen so i just enjoy posting stuff for people to read and reading other people's stuff myself. Its a good time.

From this point on, i probably won't think about the idea of plagarism of these poems again!
wink.gif

Besides, this little poetry corner is so well hidden. I mean, who would expect to find a community of poets in a back section of a U2 website.....

I trust people plus it really won't get them anywhere to steal mine
smile.gif

I do steal Bono's though
biggrin.gif

btw...hello guys...I'M BACK!!!!! poor you... LOL
biggrin.gif

------------------
I think Edge is the head of the band, I'm the heart, and Adam and Larry are the feet.
-Bono

I have thought about it... sort of. It's more of a problem on places like Open Diary, but like Loafer said, who would look here expecting to find poetry?
smile.gif
I don't trust everyone but I trust you guys, plus I also don't think anyone would get very far swiping my stuff. Maybe it's the whole naive "it'll never happen to me" thing. *shrug*
Ultimately, unless the unlikely event happens that someone actually publishes my stuff and makes money for it, I don't really care.
Let the words flow free!
biggrin.gif

PS- Welcome back BabyGrace!

[This message has been edited by Alisaura (edited 01-28-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom