Home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alisaura

Blue Crack Supplier
Home

To see the stars
shine brilliant through a veil of cloud
To walk blindly through the darkness
with confident familiarity
To smell no smog
To hear no traffic
To smell the smell of a damp spring night
the rain on the leaves
the dew on the soil
the green and growing things
To hear only the frogs and bats and crickets
To breathe the cool nocturnal air
To see the eucalypts silhouetted black against a softly glowing misty spangled sky
To see, feel, hear and smell these things
And to have them heal me whole.

[This message has been edited by Alisaura (edited 09-27-2000).]

beautiful, vivid poem . . . I can't imagine how on earth you can say you have no confidence in your ability to write poems?

I wish I still knew what "Home" was, what's real? what's not? what does it matter, except what we dream in our minds . . . this is the world we live in, and when reality tries to fuck with you, dream out loud

Thankyou, Wanderer...
What I said in the breif genereal comments was severely out of character... between that bit of craziness and Zooropa, "Zootopia" was a profoud case of life imitating art for an hour or 2... I went outside after writing that and looked at the stars... I'm at my "home" now, where my family lives, where I live when not at uni. it's in a small country town, and that was what I saw and felt out there...
And these sort of poems write themselves.. i can't sit down and write something like this whenever I like (i wish)...
This has been a pretty intense night. I'm supopsed to get up in 6 hours... *L*
Home is in the heart, more than where the heart is, I guess, but I take comfort knowing I have this place to walk in and see and call home in a concrete sense.

yeah, I hear you Ali, I figured something must be up since you don't usually get so serious like that . . . but it's cool, I'm usually the last to tell anyone what I'm thinking, but in here I somehow feel a bit more bold, and I feel like I have a more clear view of myself . . . I can pretty much transform my personality into any mood that's in the atmosphere, so when ZooManda started posting all of this stuff that was way out of character for her, I mean, we all know her as being up-beat and funny, so it had a profound effect on me, and I started to project this upon my own mood and became a bit dark and somber, that mood is gone now, I got it out of my system . . . I guess people can bring out my different sides a little too easy for my comfort sometimes, it can be cool if it's the romantic, playful or witty side, but a real drag if it's the intense melancholy that I experienced last nite . . . oh well, must be the way the stars are alligned or something, everyone was out of whack for awhile there

thanks,
Wanderer

[This message has been edited by The Wanderer (edited 09-27-2000).]

Man.....Im actually speechless, hard to believe huh?

I had just said this very thing to a friend about an hour ago.
People here I guess do see me as the happy go lucky type, maybe its the tears of a clown type thing.
Last night was a bad night for me guys,I should not have been online. I am sorry I put you in a down mood, wanderer, I never thought I could have affected someone so with my rambling.
But i know exactly what you are talking about. I guess Im the same, maybe its the actor in me.

I have found friends on the net, never though that would happen to me, that only happens to weird nerdos, right?
wink.gif

But I did, and they have been able to change my moods many times. I guess I'm a kinda go with the flow type girl.
You are right about the net making you more bold. This person that everyone here talks of, I read those posts and go "who? Me?" I still find it highly amusing that Im considered funny, I'm not like that in the flesh.

After I made my 'net' friends, I never though I'd make any like them again.
Im starting to think I could be wrong.

Ali, my dear, wanderer is right once again, you have no reason to think you are not a poet.
You are talented and every one of your poems speaks to me.
But I know all about that problem too.
I am the Queen of the self doubters
rolleyes.gif

*Wanderer deletes message in the interest of of his own anonymity and that of others*

[This message has been edited by The Wanderer (edited 09-29-2000).]

You better look out, there's gonna be a wanderer fan club starting up soon.

or should we say, Bono should look out.

I cant say what i wanna say cause like, the whole world can read this.

later...

I logged on last night and wrote a big huge post, but the computer fritzed and it didn't post... edited highlights include the following;
ZooManda, I happen to think you're very funny, I've laughed aloud many times to your posts (the funny ones I mean). I dunno if you're that funny in the flesh, but you can be funny here.
Re: Wanderer's comments... because of the measure of anonymity here, we open up more, and the measure of opening up that I've done here in the last few months (less even) is something that would take many many years with a friend in the flesh... point being, maybe you do meet people like us in the coffee shop, but you don't know cos you're not going to open up to them the way you have here (the way we all have) in anything like the same amount of time. That's how I see it anyway.
Then you have the added bonus of having U2 in common, and as such a common frame of reference for conveying how we feel. We all know how songs like Bad make us feel, with slight personal variations. The other day I said how I felt like Zooropa, and you all pretty much knew what I meant, and how I felt. How amazing is that? It just wouldn't work with my "real life" friends, cos they don't know U2... and I could never express myself so clearly and concisely other than through U2's music.

It's an extraordinary thing we have here.

[This message has been edited by Alisaura (edited 09-29-2000).]

Back
Top Bottom