here's one for Rougerum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

frogbat

The Fly
I wasn?t going to post this cos it refers to images only I will ever decipher in accordance to what they?re really supposed to mean. If I didn?t post it would it still be poetry? It?s poetry only because I said it was. The other day a person made a very witty comment without quite realising it. Does that make that person witty? Am I a poet? Only till I keep referring to this crap as poetry. Are Larkin or Tennyson poets? Yes because they wrote something they called poetry. Others called it poetry and others tell us it?s poetry. If I didn?t post this and nobody revered to it as poetry is it poetry? I?ve just become a ?poetentialist? somebody who discusses the existential qualities of poetry
biggrin.gif

Uber Space
Macro territory
lighthearted experiments
with reality
the tight fisted macabre
dispensing slowly with advice
it all makes it yours -
inadvertently

the pain it flows and
the story goes
as of happy whinings
of longing tides
and washed out reefs
in our daily lives

I don't believe

---
Hey Rouge, if you?re reading this here?s a tip: repost your question again but rather than using the word ?poetry? use ?written verse?

[This message has been edited by frogbat (edited 11-20-2000).]

hurrah for shite poetry producing dumbasses everywhere!

if it weren't for us, there wouldn't be anything to compare the good poetry to!

if people kept all their written verse to themselves poetry would like not exist man and all because some people write for others to read as well then there is something that others (like yourself) can comment on, criticise analyse, question ber inspired by and yes bad mouth.

I did think about that before I came up with what I thought and I can say is that the poets that do want to get published(which is most) are the ones that are trying to get better. I think all of you fit this category. The ones that write for only themselves and nothing more are not trying to be good poets at all, they are writing for the purpose to better themselves and do not care about how good they can be, even if they really do suck at poetry or are great.

~rougerum

Back
Top Bottom