Heart, Spirit, Soul, Desire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UpwiththeSun

The Fly
Heat, Spirit, Soul, Desire

The wind is a spirit that makes my soul move
through a melody of music that I never knew

The sun lights my heart and fills it with a desire
that grows faster and hotter than a raging, insatiable fire.

The rain strengthens my mind until my thoughts overflow
into a sea of unknown ideas that help me to grow

My heart, spirit, soul, and desire seem to answer my questions
as they take me higher to a place of sensual suggestions.

[This message has been edited by UpwiththeSun (edited 05-26-2001).]

Originally posted by UpwiththeSun:
Heat, Spirit, Soul, Desire

The wind is a spirit that makes my soul move
through a melody of music that I never knew

The sun lights my heart and fills it with a desire
that grows faster and hotter than a raging, insatiable fire.

The rain strengthens my mind until my thoughts overflow
into a sea of unknown ideas that help me to grow

as they take me higher to a place of sensual suggestions.

mmmmmm, I really *get* this.

I'm a spiritual kinda guy. I was actually thinking about spirtuality this weekend. I went to my uncle's memorial service, and everyone was talking about his passion for religion. And I started thinking about what moves me, and what I need to focus on. I find god in nature, standing on top of a mountain, watching a sunset, listening to the rain and thunder, feeling the wind against my face. All of it. Outside is where I make my connection, and I decided I needed to make a more concious effort to find that connection, to make it a part of my life and use it to my advantage....

anyway, your poem kinda encompasses what I feel.....

very nice
smile.gif

I find words intersting, the way they sound and how some have such texture.
This piece uses many of those textured words and I really like the way you've put them together.

A soft, flowing, enchanting piece
smile.gif

really cool piece. I find it neat that such inspiration and metaphors can be found in nature...

this reminds me a lot of a contemporary worship song we used to sing at church...except it's much better
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by BabyGrace (edited 05-27-2001).]

I just want to say thank you to UpwiththeSun and everyone else here who is able to write such inspirational and uplifting poetry. We all need that in our lives, but sometimes it can be hard to find.

Thanks to everyone for your kind words. I am glad you like my poetry. It means a lot to mean to have someone to share it with. I have not shared it with many people yet.

TravU2, I am glad you find it inspirational. Believe me, I have a lot of previous darker poetry and lyrics I have written over the years. What I am writing now reflects my mood now, which has been mostly inspired by U2 and other great musicians. I hope it is not to "icky-sweet" or preachy sounding, because that is not my intention. I am just at an awesome place in my life right now and I wish everyone could be there!

PopkidU2, I am glad your Uncle's memorial service was nice. It must be a comfort for your family to know your Uncle's faith was strong. You are right about nature. I love to sit outside when I want to really think about things. This is when I like to write. Luckily I live very close to the beach and its always an inspiration to sit beside the ocean.

------------------
"I wonder what's gonna happen to you.
You wonder what has happened to me"

I can totally relate to this poem, UpWithTheSun. Sometimes I'm walking down the street with a heavy heart and sluggish body, on my way to do some work or whatever. But if I glimpse a beautiful blue sky, or a fantastic sunset, it just makes me feel so happy, much like the Beautiful Day video.

foray

oh, I missed this before...

they answer my questions and always leave me with more unaswered
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom