Happy / Sad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MonaVox

Rock n' Roll Doggie
[color=royal blue]OK I've discovered that for some reason I'm somehow incapable of writing anything the least bit HAPPY or optimistic........anyone else have this problem? Tips?[/color]

Same here
And I don't think its necessarily a completely bad thing.
There something really satisfying about getting it all out on paper. I just don't have the same desire to do that when I'm happy.

However, I have written optimistic things but they still have a different atmosphere to them. But thats the way life is...everything isn't gonna be all candy and apples, you have to look hard sometimes to find good and I think thats where writers can have a large role. Not to fabricate songs of sun and cakes but to write about the drear world with enough sophistication so that people reading between the lines can see that all is not lost. There is beauty in everything, you just have to look.

If any of that makes sense

Me too, Mona. I think that's kinda because when we write poetry, we write most often when our soul is in torment. Writing is like therapy for me, so that's why I usually write meloncholy poems.

I definitely agree with Basstrap on his analysis...even if our words may sound sad, there can be happiness in the underlying lines...or vice versa.

Its also a lot easier to write about sadness and meloncholy and make it sound good. Its very hard to write something happy without it sounding cheesy, you know?
It takes great skill to write joy well.
Im sure someone said something like that once :bono: Don't know who that could possibly be :)

zooropamanda said:
Its also a lot easier to write about sadness and meloncholy and make it sound good. Its very hard to write something happy without it sounding cheesy, you know?
It takes great skill to write joy well.
Im sure someone said something like that once :bono: Don't know who that could possibly be :)

[color=royal blue]Oh that post just makes me HAPPY..Bono icon....! OK I guess this all kinda makes sense. I was hoping for more peoples' perspectives.

You are not alone.... OK wow I need sleep.
[/color]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom