... getting personal again :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foray

Rock n' Roll Doggie
for my childhood friend.

_Joshua_

Not long before, 'twas in fine fettle
But now as fierce flames lick the metal
The wreck is wreathed in tongues of fire.

I cringe at how fast it had sped
How it always plays in my head
A horrid metallic funeral pyre.

Fiendish fire Burning friend
No one wants to comprehend
How such small follies turn so dire.
I close my eyes and say a prayer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sometimes I think that writing a poem with a disciplined structure helps one work off even more emotional steam. It is like a struggle to bring order to an unstable atmosphere, ya know what I mean? Um yeah...

foray

Foray, it is such a shame that it took something like that to bring out some really wonderful poetry.
Its as tragic as it is beautiful. Very sad.

I agree, very tragic and beautiful at the same time. I admire you for being able to express such personal experiences with such integrity.

Thanks guys. It took a lot from me to write it, and you gave some things back
smile.gif

foray

------------------
"In painting, one must search for suggestion rather than for description, as is done with music." --Gauguin

foray, I'm very sorry. I know what you mean about writing to work off steam, structured or unstructured...

there was a kid in my school earlier this year who lost his life "having fun" in a car. It broke my heart and it does every year when it happens. It hits so close to home when it's a kid you've known for most of your life and what is even worse is you'd think that maybe we'd learn from it but we just keep doing it. I think we all feel immortal at moments but sometimes I just wish we'd stop and listen.

I think we all go thru this, people die for stupid reasons, I guess in the end, death is only stupid if you haven't lived... I posted a poem a long time ago here called End Waves about a childhood friend of mine who's life ended tragically, for no apparent reason he was just gone one day

what a way to be remembered, to have someone as thoughtful as you remember them foray, I think that's something we should all wish for in death... your words speak volumes

--------
And summer's lease hath all too short a date
-W.S.

Back
Top Bottom