FH's Thread III - - (successor to the orignial)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

For Honor

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
rs_no_tresspassing_small.jpg

STA-008-md.jpg
welcome%20sign%201989.jpg

I'm kicking of my new thread with some welcoming, some unwelcoming images!

Generally, it will be just like my original one, that just closed. It was closed rightfully, too, 515 replies - thats alot, though most of them were by me, of course. Nevertheless, I am proud, and thankful. It's nice other people look at my words, and also when people leave a comment or two.

I know that lately my original thread has turned into somewhat of a lounge, but that's okay, I don't mind that so much. But I suppose I will try to write something good once in a while... but who knows.

Thanks for coming to "FH's Thread" (III)

:)

You made me think about Joyce's "stream of consciousess"... a series of thought coming out from your mind, put on a blank sheet and you're the only knowing what you're really talking about.

Since I love James Joyce, it was interesting to read you doing something in his technique...

About pride... I'll use the words of a genius:

If you see me walking down the street
And I start to cry, each time we meet
Walk on by, walk on by
Make believe that you don't see the tears
Yes let me grieve in private'
Cos each time I see you I break down and cry
Walk on by, walk on by, just walk on by
'coz I just can't get over losing you
And if I seem broken and blue

Walk on by (just walk on by), walk on by (just walk on by)
Foolish pride, that's all I have left
So let me hide the tears and the sadness
that you gave me when you said goodbye

Oh walk on by, walk on by, just walk on by, just walk on by
walk on by, walk on by foolish pride that's all I have left
So let me hide this tears and all the sadness
that you gave me when you said goodbye

Just walk on by, just walk on bythat you really wanna go so walk on by
said you really wanna go so walk on by

Baby leave me never see the tears I cry
Baby leave me never see the tears I cry
(From where FH I left off.................)

Yeah, lady luck, I use to write, and still do, mostly, in stream of consciousness. It's a strange thing, because, I always know I could articulate it more so that people would know jsut waht I am trying to say, yet on the other hand, I know that I'm really the only person who can know what all my words mean, because everything I write is connected, and has sentimental things and memory things and this and that and so much to it, there's no way i could write it all out.

I mean, if I explained everything, it would probably be 5-10x longer in legnth, and I write a lot as it is. So in one way, I write very condensed, very concentratedly. But on the other hand, often times a great deal can be said in only 10, or even fewer, lines of words.

:shrug: etc etc etc.... everyone knows that.

================

about Pride... well............

I don't know what to say about that quite yet...

"All Hope Abandon, You Who Enter Here "

Dante, the Divine Comedy

Inferno, Canto III

The Seven Knightly Virtues: by Scott Farrell
Essential elements of today’s code of chivalry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was no such thing as a “uniform” code of chivalry in the Middle Ages. Many people — from successful knights to contemplative philosophers — compiled lists of virtuous qualities, called the “knightly virtues,” which they felt defined chivalry. No two were exactly the same.

There were, however, several common themes found in these lists of knightly virtues. By combining these, we have created what we consider to be the seven knightly virtues of the modern code of chivalry:

Courage
More than bravado or bluster, today’s knight in shining armor must have the courage of the heart necessary to undertake tasks which are difficult, tedious or unglamorous, and to graciously accept the sacrifices involved.

Justice
A knight in shining armor holds him- or herself to the highest standard of behavior, and knows that “fudging” on the little rules weakens the fabric of society for everyone.

Mercy
Words and attitudes can be painful weapons in the modern world, which is why a knight in shining armor exercises mercy in his or her dealings with others, creating a sense of peace and community, rather than engendering hostility and antagonism.

Generosity
Sharing what’s valuable in life means not just giving away material goods, but also time, attention, wisdom and energy — the things that create a strong, rich and diverse community.

Faith
In the code of chivalry, “faith” means trust and integrity, and a knight in shining armor is always faithful to his or her promises, no matter how big or small they may be.

Nobility
Although this word is sometimes confused with “entitlement” or “snobbishness,” in the code of chivalry it conveys the importance of upholding one’s convictions at all times, especially when no one else is watching.

Hope
More than just a safety net in times of tragedy, hope is present every day in a modern knight’s positive outlook and cheerful demeanor — the shining armor that shields him or her, and inspires people all around.
Each of these concepts is important in itself, and every one of these virtues is an admirable quality, but when all of them blend together in one person, we discover the value, and power, of chivalry today. Modern-day knights should strive to keep these virtues alive in their own hearts, but, perhaps more importantly, they should work to bring these wonderful qualities out in the people they see every day — at home, in the office, at school or on the street corner. A person who lives by the code of chivalry in today’s world allows everyone to see their best qualities reflected in his or her shining armor.

© 2002 Scott Farrell

Do You Know A Knight In Shining Armor?
Portraits in Chivalry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chivalry Today
Home | Subscribe

www.ChivalryToday.com

Email: info@ChivalryToday.com
© 2002 Shining Armor Enterprises

"The bell that couldn't Jingle"

Then Santa said
Jack Frost will bring my Christmas
gift to you and on Christmas Eve you'll
jingle just like you were brand new
A Christmas bell was cryin'
and Santa heard it say
I just can't seem to jingle
and I can't go on the sleigh
Then Santa soon discovered the reason that it cried
The bell that couldn't jingle
It had nothin' there inside

Then Santa said
Then Jack Frost froze a teardrop
so each time that it swayed
it went jingling all the way

Then Santa said
Then Jack Frost froze a teardrop
so each time that it swayed

Realizing I'm more than a catagory.........

You're in dire need to be understood, approved, and appreciated. And your sorrow is immense when you think you've displeased those whose esteem for you is somewhat your reason for living. Being a tender, sensitive soul, a charming personality, you attach the greatest price to the opinion of others. This can render you sensitive to flattery; this can also at times incite you to a kind of inconsequence inasmuch — in order to preserve harmony with persons of your near circle — as you refrain from asserting yourself and as your passive tolerance finally results in certain compromising.

You're mostly moved by altruistic, idealistic, or philanthropic tendencies. Beauty under all its forms attracts you whereas violence and disorder appall you. As a general rule, people born under this sun sign are those who act with heart and discernment, who strive to live well, who like their neighbors and sincerely want to make this world better. They also have a very serene attitude toward death and the beyond.

You like people as they are — with their qualities as well as their defects, their greatnesses as well as their weaknesses. Gentle, affable, easy to live with, you know how to lend an attentive year to others and if necessary to give them judicious counsel.

Perspicacity is probably your most striking character trait. Endowed with a penetrating and subtle mind, you enjoy a direct access to the heart of things. Thus you regularly hit upon ideas of genius or fantastic visions. Always in advance on your times, you often appear as quite a character, at times as an eccentric, and sometimes create a scandal, being a victim of the misunderstanding of your entourage.

One could however reproach you for your excessive vanity. You like to take care meticulously of your appearance, you dress yourself with style and ostentation, you use and abuse perfumes and other tricks. Your exaggeration in elegance and your narcissism constitute one of the clearly negative aspects of your personality.

You've a constant need to express yourself, to meet new faces, or quite simply to dream, and could not adapt yourself to routine or a strict discipline.

There exist in you sure tendencies to morbid introspection and to depression. You could be hardly conscious of them, or else they could not have until now had an occasion to manifest themselves. But an unhappy combination of circumstances could cause them to emerge and cause havoc.

Your life motto seems to be this one: "To live and to let live". You've only one passion: to lead your life as you like, undergoing as few constraints as possible and profiting as much as possible by your existence on earth.

You're by no means easy to describe for you're a world of paradoxes and contradictions. Among the "constant" features of your character there are your extreme independence, your refusal of constraints and beaten tracks, your originality of thought, your curiosity of mind, and your love of adventure.

You don't care a bit about what people say or think, you don't give a fig for conventions, you readily show a tendency to anarchism. Your non-conformist comportment can sometimes border on provocation. In any case, you feel happy in non-conformism, you like not to act in the way other people do, and to be original up to eccentricity. If someone intends to direct you or to submit you to a rigid discipline, he's most likely to get disappointed for you're too independent to let yourself be managed.

Above all, you're definitely not one of those who take themselves too seriously or who get themselves killed in defending certain principles. Your sense of humor is extreme: you know how to make fun of all people and of everything, and especially of yourself. To the eyes of many you appear as a rather immoral individual but in actuality you're only amoral and happy to be so.

Your need to preserve your independence is equal to your desire to stand out. This will to single yourself out of the crowd can manifest itself very early and in a thousand and one ways. This explains your extravagance of talk, your manners that one could deem provocative, and your comportment that's often disconcerting for your entourage.

In the field of human relations, you look of course for the sympathy and comprehension of others. You're sincere, you're magnanimous and have the sense of solidarity. You enjoy certain easiness in your contacts by avoiding any direct confrontation as far as possible. But what's the most outstanding in your character is your great tolerance: you never try to impose your attitudes, your ideas, your convictions. You always make use of great flexibility and great understanding of the weaknesses of others. Some people may accuse you of laxity, especially when you're invested with certain responsibilities, but you defend yourself by saying that you respect everyone's freedom.

There's an extremely pronounced individualistic side to your character. In all those born under this sun sign, there's always something of a free, wild stallion. This means that it won't be easy to make them accept rules and that they'll often refuse any too imperious or too restrictive order. Their enterprising spirit, their dynamism, their ability to see far and wide can hardly make do with impediments to their freedom of action.

You like responsibilities and you refuse to be taken care of: you only long to look after yourself even if it sometimes means erring because of exaggerated optimism. You never want to walk in someone's shadow. Fundamentally, you feel free enough, strong enough to be able to exist by yourself. You don't need someone who comforts you, neither a protector, neither a guide.

Your relations with authority, whatever it may be — parents, teachers, superiors, administrative powers — are always more or less tense. Your often rebellious attitude makes one believe that you're tactless. But on the contrary, when you're yourself invested with authority, you want others to respect it duly.

Your intelligence is above all lucid and logical. You're too direct to ever get lost in existential meanders, and you aren't either inclined to mull over the past.

Extremely enthusiastic and anxious to succeed in all your undertakings, you're nevertheless sufficiently conscious of your chances of success. You're endowed with the faculty to adapt yourself to circumstances and to use them as a springboard. As you're an emotive person, you can experience depression in the wake of a brutal failure, but you don't let yourself be downhearted: you'll wait for your forces with a view to making a new start.

Of an irascible nature, you flare up quickly, and you often happen to lose your temper. But your anger is that of a superficial and touchy personage who'll get indignant or become angry but who'll thereafter look for forgiveness. When annoyed, you'll shout very loudly and will immediately forget all about it. Your anger once cooled off, you'll bear no grudge. If you sometimes happen to give in to shattering fits of anger, there're at least no actual manifestations of hostility: you simply try to assert yourself!

You're prompted by a powerful passion. But your passion is not raw and overflowing: it's rather a fire that smolders under the ashes and which emits more heat than flame. It manifests itself in your taste for risks and your desire to remove the constraints that are imposed on you.

In everyday life, you're sociable, merry, and of agreeable company. You're also often obliging. Your enthusiasm is contagious. In your relationships with others, you appear rather conciliatory, understanding, and tolerant. You're generally frank and direct in your words as in your acts.

The Scientist

As an INTJ, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you take things in primarily via your intuition. Your secondary mode is external, where you deal with things rationally and logically.

INTJs live in the world of ideas and strategic planning. They value intelligence, knowledge, and competence, and typically have high standards in these regards, which they continuously strive to fulfill. To a somewhat lesser extent, they have similar expectations of others.

With Introverted Intuition dominating their personality, INTJs focus their energy on observing the world, and generating ideas and possibilities. Their mind constantly gathers information and makes associations about it. They are tremendously insightful and usually are very quick to understand new ideas. However, their primary interest is not understanding a concept, but rather applying that concept in a useful way. Unlike the INTP, they do not follow an idea as far as they possibly can, seeking only to understand it fully. INTJs are driven to come to conclusions about ideas. Their need for closure and organization usually requires that they take some action.

INTJ's tremendous value and need for systems and organization, combined with their natural insightfulness, makes them excellent scientists. An INTJ scientist gives a gift to society by putting their ideas into a useful form for others to follow. It is not easy for the INTJ to express their internal images, insights, and abstractions. The internal form of the INTJ's thoughts and concepts is highly individualized, and is not readily translatable into a form that others will understand. However, the INTJ is driven to translate their ideas into a plan or system that is usually readily explainable, rather than to do a direct translation of their thoughts. They usually don't see the value of a direct transaction, and will also have difficulty expressing their ideas, which are non-linear. However, their extreme respect of knowledge and intelligence will motivate them to explain themselves to another person who they feel is deserving of the effort.

INTJs are natural leaders, although they usually choose to remain in the background until they see a real need to take over the lead. When they are in leadership roles, they are quite effective, because they are able to objectively see the reality of a situation, and are adaptable enough to change things which aren't working well. They are the supreme strategists - always scanning available ideas and concepts and weighing them against their current strategy, to plan for every conceivable contingency.

INTJs spend a lot of time inside their own minds, and may have little interest in the other people's thoughts or feelings. Unless their Feeling side is developed, they may have problems giving other people the level of intimacy that is needed. Unless their Sensing side is developed, they may have a tendency to ignore details which are necessary for implementing their ideas.

The INTJ's interest in dealing with the world is to make decisions, express judgments, and put everything that they encounter into an understandable and rational system. Consequently, they are quick to express judgments. Often they have very evolved intuitions, and are convinced that they are right about things. Unless they complement their intuitive understanding with a well-developed ability to express their insights, they may find themselves frequently misunderstood. In these cases, INTJs tend to blame misunderstandings on the limitations of the other party, rather than on their own difficulty in expressing themselves. This tendency may cause the INTJ to dismiss others input too quickly, and to become generally arrogant and elitist.

INTJs are ambitious, self-confident, deliberate, long-range thinkers. Many INTJs end up in engineering or scientific pursuits, although some find enough challenge within the business world in areas which involve organizing and strategic planning. They dislike messiness and inefficiency, and anything that is muddled or unclear. They value clarity and efficiency, and will put enormous amounts of energy and time into consolidating their insights into structured patterns.

Other people may have a difficult time understanding an INTJ. They may see them as aloof and reserved. Indeed, the INTJ is not overly demonstrative of their affections, and is likely to not give as much praise or positive support as others may need or desire. That doesn't mean that he or she doesn't truly have affection or regard for others, they simply do not typically feel the need to express it. Others may falsely perceive the INTJ as being rigid and set in their ways. Nothing could be further from the truth, because the INTJ is committed to always finding the objective best strategy to implement their ideas. The INTJ is usually quite open to hearing an alternative way of doing something.

When under a great deal of stress, the INTJ may become obsessed with mindless repetitive, Sensate activities, such as over-drinking. They may also tend to become absorbed with minutia and details that they would not normally consider important to their overall goal.

INTJs need to remember to express themselves sufficiently, so as to avoid difficulties with people misunderstandings. In the absence of properly developing their communication abilities, they may become abrupt and short with people, and isolationists.

INTJs have a tremendous amount of ability to accomplish great things. They have insight into the Big Picture, and are driven to synthesize their concepts into solid plans of action. Their reasoning skills gives them the means to accomplish that. INTJs are most always highly competent people, and will not have a problem meeting their career or education goals. They have the capability to make great strides in these arenas. On a personal level, the INTJ who practices tolerances and puts effort into effectively communicating their insights to others has everything in his or her power to lead a rich and rewarding life.

Jungian functional preference ordering:

Dominant: Introverted Intuition
Auxilliary: Extraverted Thinking
Tertiary: Introverted Feeling
Inferior: Extraverted Sensing

^ if anyone reads those, why don't you take a guess at what one represents me the best, or which one is my own?

I'm wondering if I should start a new thread dedicated to the qoutations that I am going to be putting in my signature...... but then again I should probably just do it here - I've got enough threads as it is. Or I could put them in my journals. But probably here would be best......

FH's Sig Quotes - installment I

FH's Sig Quotes - installment I

"Do not limit yourself to being of one dimension. I've realized... it is neither beneficial, nor actually possible, personally speaking." - November 11, 2005

"Ha ha heh heh heh....
The constant - I know I am a knight...
The variables - white or black? Good or evil?
I've come to realize that my eyes tell the truth:
They are neither Blue, nor Brown.
They are both." - November 11, 2005

For Honor, just don't trust welcome signs.....they can be very misleading. That's because I'm on that timeline ahead of mankind. One reason I try not to post too often..I keep my writings to myself.

carol
wizard2c
:|

It is good to know what you are, I suppose.

But you don't have to make any explanations to me - it's your business. We all have to live with ourselves one way or another....

Impossible Dream Lyrics

To dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow
And to run where
the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
And to love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star
This is my quest
To follow that star
No matter how hopeless
No matter how far
To fight for the right
Without question or pause
To be willing to march,
march into hell
For that heavenly cause
And I know
If I'll only be true
To this glorious quest
That my heart
Will lie peaceful and calm
When I'm laid to my rest
And the world will be
better for this
That one man, scorned
and covered with scars,
Still strove with his last
ounce of courage
To reach the unreachable,
the unreachable,
The unreachable star
And I'll always dream
The impossible dream
Yes, and I'll reach
The unreachable star

The Impossible Dream

^ If only it were that easy to find a cause, something worthy enough to give that much.............

For Honor, I just realized you have a new avatar.

I would have no idea what a billionaire would feel like.......I just don't travel in those circles.

Have you seen U2 in concert.....I will miss them this week as I could not get a ticket.....I almost did though...but when I went to the tickermaster checkout point some evil force grabbed it and it was gone. I suppose I could find one but I don't want to pay the high fare. Just as well....if it were meant it would have been. Did you attend any of their shows?

carol
wizard2c

never.

ANd I don't possess a lot of money, nor know anyone on a close level who does.

"I feel like a millionaire/billionaire" (oops, I guess I messed up the title, as in my last thread)......

It was mostly a reference to those sappy shows where there's a millionaire guy or gal, and they get a bunch of people who want to be their spouse, such a cheesy way to get married, etc ,etc.........

=========

no, I've never seen a U2 show. seen a few dvds, but not one in person. I would like to. And I would, i f I had more money.

Variable A

remove the needs/intro

Variable B

Human body as a whole, race/extro

========

I'm trying to figure out which .... or what combination of both.....

I'll explain these better when I can. :shrug:

For Honor said:
"I'm just like you, friend
I only do what I know
I am a profuct of my environment, too, like you
And of my mind and destiny

So I sit here and make a statement, again
Yet I am sincere:

"I feel like a millionaire"

What is there left for me to do?
My life, 5 months past 17 years and 12 months
And what, there are no challenges left for me?
:shrug:

I don't know... is it even safe to think in such ways...
It doesn't matter, really, I've got my life to live.
It's been a long time now...
Most people get to the point - where they can justify, or negate, about anything.

That's what I've done; everything.
No doubts, I'm still looking for my ever present "quest" that I speak of, sure.
But really, I do feel like a millionare.
Meditations upon meditations
Observations
Speculations and revelations, apocalypses, you know of what I mean.
I have no needs

I have no desires, and for this I do feel a happiness
With but one exception,of course, and probably not a big surprise
Nor an uncommon occurance...

What would a man who had everything in the world want?
More?
...how about a man who has come to realize that there can be no more, that he's got it?

To take it further, what, in fact, would actually keep such a man alive?
To keep such a man from becoming a man, and not a machine
And not a monster?

It's not really a difficult riddle, it's no riddle at all. It's as clear as the day and the night.
Night and day..."

"So like the sign"

When I wake up in the morning
Or in the afternoon, like today
It always seems to come down
To what I'm gonna have to say

And I don't know.....
And I don't know.......

It's you, it's you, it's only you
You're all I think about
From the dawning morning to the midnight's warning
It's only you, no doubt

And I don't know....
And I don't know.....

November days like this one
I'm still trying to figure out
what it's all about.....
What it's all about....
How can I find
Some peace of mind
when I'm without...
When I am without....

Tuesday morning, that's what this is
Clouds bite the sun before my blinds
I wake up late, it's 1 o'clock
Am I falling out, or just falling behind?

My eyes don't believe how late it is
So I get up ... with a start
Then I realize I've no where to go
And I wonder if I'm in your heart
But today the difference is this:
You're not the first thing I think about
I just don't know what this is
And I'm left in the traces of a cloud

And I don't know...
And I don't know....

I'm still trying to figure out
what it's all about.....
What it's all about....
How can I find
Some peace of mind
when I'm without...
When I am without....

November days like this one,
I'm deciding the fate of the world....

Nondescript as they can be
Yes I'm trying to find the fate of this world
.... at least the world inside of me....

....at least this world inside of me...

Last edited:
^ the original title was going to be "at a crossroards", but....
I actually like the title better than the rest of the work, because it implies, in my mind, more of what I am actually trying to say.

This isn't a masterpeice, it is a very quick snapshot. It seems like lately, when I wake up in the morning, it is one of two things that are on my mind, and it is so very strange, because it is either completely one thing, or completely another. Perhaps I will write more of this duality....

===

And then there is a subdivision of one of these two morning things....... For explanatory purposes, let's label the "things I wake up thinking about" as "1" and "2"

For "2", there are two subdivisions:

"variable A" and "Variable B".

I suppose I wanted to state this for my own clarity, as much as anyone else who trys to follow what I am actually circling around with my writting.

For Honor said:
Wow.......... okay, this is going to be elaborate, but I don't care.......

It was absolutely seductive outside.

It's around 2:30am here on the east coast of the USA, in NY. Just outside of a big city, but in a cozy enough place where you can tell that the city is not far away (maybe less than a mile, but you wouldn't know it), and you have some privacy, surrounded by a decent neighborhood.

It's not pitch black; there is a streetlight off in the distance, and you step out on to the back porch/deck, and it is mid November. It's not bitter cold yet, but wonderfully cool. Cloudy, no moon, but the skies still make you feel something. When the breezes aren't blowing, it is a comfortable coolness, but when they pick up it's the kind that doesn't want to make you run inside, but more so throw your arms around someone and hug them (or be hugged, for some). It's the kind of coolnesss that really helps to bring people together, and is very much eluding to the coming cold season. The kind that makes you want to stay outside even longer - that's why I call it very seductive. It's the kind of weather that really, really makes you feel how the night can be a very special time.

Alluring and seductive, those are the best words I can use to describe it. I after I finish up online, I'll go back out for a bit, so I can calm my mind a little bit more. It really is ana amazing kind of night, at least for yours truly here.

I wish I could like "take a picture of it", but like, somehow save all the conditions and such. Maybe I'll remeber it if I read this post later.

Good-night :)

Idle INTJ

Procrastination leads to damnation
Too long I've sat when
I should be running

The haze of of laze, and abuse of luck
An only work - to give a fuck
Sacrifice gods gift for a safe trip in indulgence

Ever-expanding into the system
I begin to realize who I am
And start the journey home

18 years of gaining my bearings
Dropped from no where, maybe the moon
But I'll run to you, I promise.

I'm gonna run to you...
....Woman, I will....

For Honor, good thoughts. Can't keep track of your avatars though...perhaps I should start another journal just for them. But it is refreshing to find someone with creativeness.

Gotta go..........the dragon is approaching...................{a small one but nonetheless temporary}

carol
wizard2c

I think it is best if I change my avatars a lot, because I am a very sentimental/relating things person. And I just don't feel the same way about my avatar most of the time, so I change it up.

INteresting, I'm sort of the opposite when it comes to "people"
:ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom