Don't know how to title that

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

freeyourmind

The Fly
I?m sitting at the balcony, everything is quiet. I was reading Tolkins Lord of the Rings once again and I realized that I?m addicted to the night.

I?m surprised every time again how much you can see during the night. Everything is different. The clear sky, the stars and the moon shining bright. I?m counting the stars and listening to U2?s Mysterious Ways. The night is truly mysterious.

It?s the time when I usually get to write my poems and fuck yes I wrote a lot today.
Spirit came to me again :) . The spirit of the night, all my problems waiting to be solved, my dreams and desires thoughts and fears and while I?m smoking a cigarette ? I usually don?t smoke ? and sipping my imported much too warm Guinness U2?s music took me to ?that other place?.
Once again I was wondering when and how Bono writes his wonderful, amazing lyrics?

Yes fine it?s 3 o?clock in the morning. I think I?ll stay up until the sun is rising. This is one of these moments I?ve to start to write even if I write such crap stuff as I do right now. If I don?t I get lost in my weird thoughts and I think I?d get insane.:banghead:

Ok and now a tip to everybody who wants to think about a problem seriously:
Don?t to that at 3 o?clock in the morning
sitting at the balcony
sipping Guinness and smoking
and the most important fact: while you?re listening to U2
it doesn?t work believe me! But hey even if you aren?t able to think about your problem it?s good for your soul.
I?m feeling much better. :wink:

Ah ?Electrical Storm? kind of suitable I can see a lightning behind the mountains. By the way didn?t they shoot the video till 6 o?clock in the morning?
Hey I?m ready for the performance scene. Oh a little problem I?ve no sea near me and no bathtub ;) .

Ok I?ll better leave it here. Bye for now

I love the night. We had to write an essay about our personal '7 wonders of the world' and one of mine was the night:

About four years ago I began a habit of going on long walks at night. I found it relaxing to be away from the noise and frantic pace that life so often involves in this day and age. But it wasn?t just the quiet and lack of light. There?s something about the night; the air seems different somehow. Not just temperature or barometric pressure, but something that is, as far as I can tell, intangible. Night air is a wonderful thing, if music fails to curb a bad mood or a depression, I can pretty much count on a long walk at night to make things seem alright; there is an invigorating and inspiring air about the night.

in short, the night is amazing.

I love and hate the night. During the day I can just work like crazy and I don't have to think of any of the things that get me down. The night is when I'm alone and my mind has time to wander and obsess on things that are better off forgotten.

Back in happier times I loved the night. It was when I did all my creative work. Now I mostly try to keep my mind shut off. Every now and then I will get a sudden burst of tragic creativity and knock off a quasi-poem. They ususally aren't very good but they are all written with the raw emotions that sweep over me like the tide. My "poems" let me purge my mind. Then I post them here, and feel like a fool after.

Ah, the insanity of my day-to-day existence. Aren't you sorry your words here compelled me to respond? ;)

Last edited:
Points Of Light

Points Of Light
Dedicated to My Love.

Gazing at the night time sky
a dozen stars I see.
Points of light that travel far
across the span to me.

I think out loud from where I live
and from my mind I send.
Wonder if its shared with them,
the love from deep within.

That somehow through the distance
from my heart and from my mind,
the love I'm feeling for you
to your soul would somehow bind.

My thoughts they travel aimlessly
to one wish that I relay,
that somehow through those tiny stars,
my love to you this day.

Copyright ?2003

The nigh is probably the best time for me. Your half awake, half asleep. Wild ideas run through your head. It's quite hard to keep up with it sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom