Dog animation.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Sad Punk

Blue Crack Addict
I guess that title probably brings up images of mid-late 90's web pages full of little GIFs of dogs chasing their tails. But if you can ignore that, it would be good.

In computer graphics class, we had to make a fairly large scale GIF... simple enough. This was finished over a couple of lessons and everything was done using Photoshop CS3, including all the drawings. Some of the frames are pretty dodgy since I was in a bit of a rush, but overall I'm fairly happy with it. Hope you like it!

Linked 'cause she's pretty big. You will likely want it to run through once and then paste the link in again to watch it at the right speed, because for some reason it won't play on repeat. If that doesn't work, save it and delete it later. I don't know what that's all about.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x257/firepowa8/Avatar_Bonnie.gif

Warning: If you're on dial-up, this might be a lost cause. Sorry. :(

Thanks, guys!

Beav, I just drew them in Photoshop with the paintbrush tool. I make a lot of mistakes that way, and not everything turns out as expected, but for me it was quicker than to scan a lot of images.

I don't have any more right now, Mia - I'll probably make another one independently this term, though. :)

So how do you make them "move"? Or do you draw each ... cell(?) individually?

It's kind of difficult to explain how it's done with Photoshop. You have frames and layers. Each frame can have certain layers on it, and you take others off when they're not needed. So if you opened the file in an earlier Photoshop without the animation thing, it would just be a normal image file with about eighty layers. But none of those layers are ever used at once, if you catch that.

Back
Top Bottom