but then...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
11/10/2001

Wipe the fog away
to see the rain more clearly
Where the world is not red and black
it is redrawn in shades of grey.
It can't be said they haven't won -
Every death, every hurt
Every loss, every tear
Water wept in sorrow rage and fear
All distracted minds and staring eyes
Every laugh replaced by silence
Every night we stay awake to drive the dreams away
Each respectful cancellation
Each re-written script
Every stern impassioned speech
All the flags and flowers -
Each one is a little victory. For them.
They believe
they are the hands of god...
Our humanity lets them win in this way.
We're no angels
but they're no devils
The bitterest blow is, humans did it all.

"So the hands that build - can also pull down..."

(I hadn't realised a whole month had passed...)

[This message has been edited by McPhisto's Advocate (edited 10-14-2001).]

I know Ali, it goes so quickly...it's like the world blew up in our faces and suddenly I'm aware of other people I should have been payng attention to long before. the whole perspective is different and i look at things I wrote in the days before everything happened and I can't believe i was worried about such seemingly petty things while others were out there in the world being raped, murdered, tortured, oppressed...

but then, at the same time, why should we--not just we, but everyone--not have the right to a peaceful life where we have time to care about such things? the world needs to change, there's a fight that needs to be fought but I don't think we can let go of our 'trivialities' because they're a testament to our freedom and a reminder of our beliefs. and hopefully, this wonderful life that I live can be granted to other people..

I love both your poems, but then I always love your writing ..it's very honest and wonderful to read

i've been wondering where you were; in fact I was about to post a thread calling some of our lost members of the Corner...now you're here but where's Bikerfish and Dancing Barefoot? and where's Wanderer's poetry? i dont mean to be a bother if youre all just really busy
smile.gif

anyway, thanks Ali

------------------
but for the grace of love I'd will the meaning of heaven from above...

This poem is great too--thanks for both of them. Added to the "where are they" list--we need some more poems by popkidu2 and travu2! I miss you guys when you don't post poetry!

------------------
Be a world, child, form a circle
Before we all go under

Back
Top Bottom