Babyface Art

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Freefall said:
Bono-6.jpg

Hold Me, Thrill me, Kiss Me, Kill me as inspiration!

SQUEE! There it is!! :D
And now it's hanging proudly on my wall, framed of course! :)

Can't wait to see your other drawings Mary! :hug:

Free--

VERY nice work...:applaud:

I think your Edge piece is the best: besides getting the copying right-- the shading and line work are quite well done! :happy:

Your (new?) Bono piece (? Vert tour) piece is almost as good. :hmm: I think the shading on Edge's drawing is a bit more polished/accomplished.

Keep this up, :shifty: and you'll be doing EVEN better! :D

*your fellow artist*

Hey, that's pretty good! Charcoal is pretty difficult to use at first, and I have to say I don't usually use it for something as precise and measured as that, where simply a softer pencil will give similar results. Charcoal for me is mainly used for excessive experimentation. It's a good picture though, come to think of it, I think I attempted drawing that photo reference once. Are you using pencils to develop the picture before getting right into the charcoal work? That'll help greatly with the composition. And don't be afraid to erase anything. Draw with your eraser. Eraser + charcoal can make some really cool effects.

(is that willow, compressed or pencil charcoal, by the way?)

Hey, that's pretty good! Charcoal is pretty difficult to use at first, and I have to say I don't usually use it for something as precise and measured as that, where simply a softer pencil will give similar results. Charcoal for me is mainly used for excessive experimentation. It's a good picture though, come to think of it, I think I attempted drawing that photo reference once. Are you using pencils to develop the picture before getting right into the charcoal work? That'll help greatly with the composition. And don't be afraid to erase anything. Draw with your eraser. Eraser + charcoal can make some really cool effects.

(is that willow, compressed or pencil charcoal, by the way?)

I appreciate the input, Sad Punk, alot! It is pencil charcoal, and I was using the broader sharpenener to wittle the tip to a finer point, and the white charcoal to do a smear effect in the tighter spots. I will experiment with the eraser...thank you! I must say it is difficult. The feel is much more fine art as versus the precision of the pencils and inks. I didn't use the pencils to outline...just had at it with the charcoals!

Again, thank you!:up:

Back
Top Bottom